12 year old boy blocks 11,000 anti-gay Catholic protesters in Mexico

​I first came across this image on several gay websites, but now the mainstream media has picked it up. Still no word on who the boy is, but do we really need to know?

The comparison to the Tiananmen Square standoff between a man and a line of tanks is valid, the images are confrontational in nature. For them both it took courage to stand up and be counted. One against eleven thousand, that was brave.

I have been involved in many campaigns over the years and one thing that keeps getting asked of me is 'how can one person make a difference'. Something like this shows how. One person standing up for what is right can get noticed. It is not what they do that is important it is the attention they bring to the matter. This boy has brought the attention of the world to this issue, the image of his action is turning up everywhere.

Isn't it ironic that organizations like this, that supposedly are pro-family, reject gays. Gays are part of families, too. Sons, uncles, brothers, nephews—they are as much family members as anyone else. So why does a supposedly pro-family organization preach hatred toward them? How are these men being disruptive of family life? It's the family members who disavow them that are the problem. These organizations should look within their own memberships for the source of the 'problem'.

C

To be truthful, those who make the most noise about gayness (or other issues) could well be deep in the closet themselves. A line from Hamlet seems apt, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

One hopes the story is true, but I'm a bit cynical here, all too easy to invent such things these days. Fingers crossed.

To be truthful, those who make the most noise about gayness (or other issues) could well be deep in the closet themselves. A line from Hamlet seems apt, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

One hopes the story is true, but I'm a bit cynical here, all too easy to invent such things these days. Fingers crossed.

I, for sure, hope it is true. A wonderful statement.