Absolutely disgusting

Cole Parker

I think the consensus here is that D Trump is not qualified in any way to be our next president. I think the consensus is he's something of an oaf, a clown, with the attention span of a mentally-challenged flea. But, it gets worse. If anyone is interested in just how despicable a person he really is, read this LA Times front page article, published today, that is linked below.

Don't read it if you object to feeling the need to punch someone when you get angry. You'll feel that way after reading this. It'll leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/sns-na-trump-women-20160929-story.html

C

If similar statements can be obtained from other Trump-owned businesses, then this will be highly significant. Otherwise, it will probably be spun as over-zealous underlings imposing their views on what they think the boss wants. While I have little doubt as to what happened, most of those statements were about what managers said, and the number of serious statements from Donald Trump himself was limited. Similar statements from other parts of his business empire, however, will show a pattern of behaviour that would be hard to play down.

PBS currently is running a Frontline Documentary The Choice: 2016 which traces both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump from when they were children to the present campaign for President.

DON'T MISS IT. You can get the app for Windows or activate it on your Roku or Amazon Fire. Of course it is currently running on PBS in the States and possibly on one of the European networks.

Take 2 hours and be enlightened. It is one of the best documentaries I have ever watched.

Mike

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, NPR I believe, or a local program, where they were interviewing people who'd done contract work for him. People like Hillary spoke about during the debate, like her father and his drapery business. The people being interviewed talked about how Trump refused to pay them for their work and told them if they didn't like it, to sue him. Well, these people didn't have a flock of lawyers, couldn't afford the legal costs, and needed the money then, not years later. So most of them just walked away, sacrificing their time and materials to his greed.

The man is unscrupulous and immoral.

Sure, these people could all be lying, and maybe I'm too naive and trusting. But with articles like this from reputable journalists, with interviews of many people who didn't come forward on their own but were sought out from reviews of past records, I think anyone can see a pattern. The man has no conscience. He doesn't care about bullying and cheating people, and puts it down to being a good businessman. He thinks that's how he should act. As he said on TV, not paying taxes is just good business sense.

C

The people being interviewed talked about how Trump refused to pay them for their work and told them if they didn't like it, to sue him. Well, these people didn't have a flock of lawyers, couldn't afford the legal costs, and needed the money then, not years later. So most of them just walked away, sacrificing their time and materials to his greed.

Small firms in the UK have had similar problems with him and his companies. That was until he found out the costs were capped in the Small Claims court (for actions up to £10,000) and a number of them took him to small claims and won. Most English contractors know the court limit so always break jobs down into units that can be invoiced for £10K or less. That way they can go to court on individual invoices and not on the total owed, so making sure the costs are capped. Most large firms just give in as soon as a Small Claims summons is issued.

Small firms in the UK have had similar problems with him and his companies. That was until he found out the costs were capped in the Small Claims court (for actions up to £10,000) and a number of them took him to small claims and won. Most English contractors know the court limit so always break jobs down into units that can be invoiced for £10K or less. That way they can go to court on individual invoices and not on the total owed, so making sure the costs are capped. Most large firms just give in as soon as a Small Claims summons is issued.

It's similar but varies by state in the U.S. Here's a link to a list from Nolo Press with the limits for small claims court suits by state: www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/small-claims-suits-how-much-30031.html.

Colin :icon_geek:

What I find tragic about this election is that you can describe one of these candidates as a pathological liar with a history of scams and being just slick enough to avoid indictments.

What is really disgusting is that you can say that about both of them.

A few months ago I considered Donald Trump to be a wildcard but not necessarily a bad potential president. He would be unpredictable, but he's not someone who fits the usual political model, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, the longer this campaign goes on, the more I realise that I was wrong. I now agree with the USA Today editorial board who have declared Trump unfit to be president -- the first time in the 34 year history of the newspaper that the editorial board has taken sides in a presidential election.

Which is something I don't get- how can you disqualify Trump for his temperament and give Hillary a pass on ethics?

Neither one of them worth a single damn. Trump comes off like the rich kid in the class president election. Sure he's nuts but he's entitled, right?

Hillary is just plain slimy. She is a slick lawyer that knows how to skate by just this side of legal, has her own money laundering foundation to wash her bribes for making sweetheart weapons deals for governments we shouldn't piss on if they were on fire and, she has way more dead bodies in her past than simple bad luck can explain.

Neither one of these people are worthy. I wish we had a do over.

Their piss poor quality reflects poorly on our country. Either one would be a embarrassment to the republic.

The USA Today editorial board didn't endorse Clinton. Indeed, their editorial pointed out a number of concerns they had, but none of those concerns were at the level where they were willing to say she was unfit to be president. They certainly didn't say she would be a good president -- just that she was capable of doing the job if she were elected. They also suggested voting for a third party or write-in candidate instead, if that's what the voter wants. It was only Trump that they declared to be unfit.

The editorial explains why they consider him unfit, and it's not just temperament. It's a number of factors, including national security.

James, check your spell checker... I'm sure you meant c-l-a-s-s b-u-l-l-y instead of r-i-c-h k-i-d.

(bites tongue)

There's a difference?

OK, probably- rich kid bully.

Neither one of these two putzes are any prize.

​Today Trump comes out and says that Hillary has been cheating on Bill all these years. Won't be surprised if tomorrow he says she's been having lesbian affairs. Barring proof of such outrageous behavior I think Hillary would ignore the comments, but what will Bill do?

​A hundred years or more ago Bill would have met Trump in a secluded location with pistols at dawn. Bill is from Arkansas, he probably knows his guns. Trump claims he carries a weapon but if he did I imagine we would have read about an accidental discharge where he shot himself in the foot. Too bad we have become a civilized nation, no more duels...except in court.

​But Bill could hire teams of lawyers....someone huge, only the best kind of people... and sue for liable which would cost him millions. Boy would I love to be on that jury. A duel would be cheaper. But let's wait for Wednesday when Wikileaks is supposed to drop the bomb on Hillary that will supposedly terminate her ambitions. I am not holding my breath.

I am waiting for the proof that Julian Assange and Trump's stooges have been in cahoots with Putin to disrupt the DNC and mangle our election. That would make Trump a traitor, and treasonous citizens often get hanged. I would pay to see that.

My grandfather lived in New Jersey when Donald Trump was getting his start as a developer. He says that the Newark Star-Ledger started running stories about Donald Trump and his shady projects and bankruptcies and stiffing investors, contractors, and employees and not losing a dime of his own money.

That's just one of my grandfather's reasons for saying he would not ever vote for Crooked Donald Trump, and that Crooked Donald Trump makes Hillary Clinton look like Mother Teresa. The other reasons range from Trump's involvement with the Mafia to his continuous bullying of anyone who disagrees with him.

Colin :icon_geek:

Well, all I have to say is, the Clinton Foundation has saved lives while the Trump Foundation buys toys for Donald and has just been ordered to cease and desist in the State of New York.

The Clintons pay taxes and Donald does not. (That the tax system needs to be overhauled is clearly evident.)

Bill Clinton was impeached, but not convicted, and no one really cares. Trump is involved in a shouting match with a beauty contestant which, in and of itself, is beneath a candidate for President of the US and further disqualifies Trump for consideration for the office.

Hillary Clinton has been in public service, in one form or another, her entire life; Trump managed to loose almost a billion dollars during a boom and has never done anything remotely resembling public service in his life.

Every variety of allegation has been flung at Hillary Clinton. None have had merit.

There is only one candidate who is qualified for the office of the presidency and her name is not Donald.

As a veteran I will never forgive Donald for his vile comments about John McCain.

On The Last Word With Lawrence O'Donnell tonight (October 3, 2016) Donald Trump, on his 1995 Federal income tax return, had three amazing numbers:

1) He deducted losses of over $900,000,000 so he not only paid no Federal income tax in 1995 AND was able to carry the losses forward for 17 more years;

2) He paid himself a salary of $6,000 for 1995 (that's only $500/month), from which he paid the minimum amount of payroll taxes (Social Security and Medicare) even though...

3) His earned income was $3,427,092 for 1995.

This is the Donald Trump who rants about Social Security and Medicare going broke, and he's the only one who can fix it. This is the Donald Trump who wants to cut the top tax rate for rich people like himself so he and his (claimed) "many rich friends" will pay even less taxes if he becomes president.

I saw a bumper sticker that read: DUMP TRUMP!

I'm Colin Kelly and I agree with that message. :icon_geek: