New Look at AwesomeDude Forums

dude

Thanks to both of you for sticking with me!

I've even discovered how not to have to go to the bottom of the page to read new entries.  I think they should be on the top, but then aren't.  However, if you click the star or dot before at the beginning of the title of the latest response, it takes you right to the entry.

This doesn't come with a tutorial.  Learn as you go.  So far, the learning curve hasn't been too difficult.

C

That Star starts out as a dot and lights up when a reply has been made. After X number of posts, it changes to the Star to indicate the topic is popular. It's been around for quite awhile now. Clicking on the dot or star takes you to the last post read by you.

I know some people click on the Unread Content button so they probably don't notice the dot or star.

I am such a technophobe that it has taken me this long to get a grasp on moving about within the new layout, and so far I like everything about it I've learned to do.  I still miss the "go to the top of the page button" but I've discovered that swiping my mouse many times will get me there, and I suppose it is good exercise for at least that digit.  But now that I'm a bit more comfortable I can glance around and begin to miss certain other features I had grown used to.  For instance, where can I discover who else is also logged in?  Seems a bit lonely to feel that I'm here all on my own.  And where, pray tell, can I discover who may have just joined as a member?  Previously I would spot, every now and then, a new member who turned out to be someone I had known from elsewhere, and I enjoyed saying 'welcome' and 'hello'.

1 hour ago, Merkin said:

For instance, where can I discover who else is also logged in?  Seems a bit lonely to feel that I'm here all on my own.  And where, pray tell, can I discover who may have just joined as a member? 

Seeing who's logged in is pretty simple. If you click on the MORE button (top right on the Forums screen) one of the options is ONLINE USERS. Voila. I've noticed that it has looked pretty empty lately, so perhaps it doesn't track back as far far it used to. (Typically, I used to note about 20 users 'in the last 30 minutes' whereas now it's only 3 or 4.) As to newly joined members, I haven't spotted that one yet.

Actually, that would be the Browse button to view the list. And you will have to double click on it to open the list.

As for the newly joined members spot, that may be something that was done away with by Invision. It doesn't appear on my site either.

7 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Actually, that would be the Browse button to view the list. And you will have to double click on it to open the list.

As for the newly joined members spot, that may be something that was done away with by Invision. It doesn't appear on my site either.

Thanks, guys, for the followup.

BTW, I found that if I try to renew/update my screen while signed in, I'm thrown out and have to sign in again. Not complaining, just remarking.

Damn, Invision is sneaky. Even though I couldn't find any information in the AdminCP, there is a sidebar that can be seen by Admin's that has a list of blocks that could be added. 

I don't seem to be having the problem of having to sign back in when refreshing a page.

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered that the snow falling across my screen and accumulating at the bottom is another feature affected by the zoom.   So, if Gee wasn't kidding about not wanting to see the snow here, there's a very simple solution available to him: just go to 150% zoom!  No more snow!

This effect won't work on the weather outside, however.

C

I just discovered that the snow falling across my screen and accumulating at the bottom is another feature affected by the zoom.   So, if Gee wasn't kidding about not wanting to see the snow here, there's a very simple solution available to him: just go to 150% zoom!  No more snow!

C

1 hour ago, Cole Parker said:

C

As long as I don't have to shovel it or drive through it, I'm good!! I have enough of that here already! *Grumble*