Can You Spare A Quarter by Tiger Paw - Final Addendum

Resurgam

Hi Everyone,

I expect you have all read CYSAQ at some time?  I hope so anyway.  If not then it is posted on Ted Louis' site: http://www.tedlouis.com/

IMHO it's an excellent story and I have found it posted in several places and even as a PDF download, although I can't remember where I found that!

Wandering this evening I happened to return to Ted Louis' home page and saw the following listed amongst the recent story updates:

"November 11, 2016 - Can You Spare A Quarter - Final Addendum by Tiger Paw"

Addendum (written Nov 10, 2016)

The story you have just read was finally completed in the spring of 2016. I regret now to have to let you know that 'Jamie' of the story died on November 6, 2016 of cancer in his stomach. He was two days short of 32 years old.

The symptoms came on suddenly and without warning, and it was over before much could be done. To say that I and everyone else are shattered does not even begin to touch the matter. Any light in the world for me has gone out.

Ironically this year had been his best. He had put behind him finally the lingering nightmares of his youth, and had even begun to try his hand at writing with impressive results in my own and the opinion of others. Sadly the couple of works he began were not completed as none of us knew what was coming.

For those that might ask what else I have written or might write, the answer is that this is the only thing I have ever done, and now ... I shall never write again. 'Jamie' was the most wonderful, brightest, and beautiful soul I ever encountered. I was honoured beyond all measure by the title that he bestowed upon me and used until the last.

"He was a man, take him for all in all,   I shall not look upon his like again."

It's an excellent story and the fact that it was taken from the real life of the protagonist is amazing. I'd never read it before. It's one of those "I couldn't put it down" stories that I started last night and read until 3:30 AM this morning.

Colin :icon_geek:

I was reading this story on IOMFATS when this news broke here. Followed the link above and read the rest of it. It is a remarkable and moving story. The latest news just makes it more poignant.