Jedi Lament

Jedi Lament
Authoritarian, Totalitarian, Tyranny: I was assured these were no longer the main forms of government on Earth when I agreed to go to your planet as an assessor of Earth governments' suitability to be admitted on to the cosmic council. I have contacted my home planet and told them to go ahead and use the death star that we confiscated from the Evil Empire and requested its use to remove your fascist world from the solar system. We can no longer permit you to endanger and infect our universe with your primitive forms of hatred and war like behaviours.

We tried to warn you but you just won't listen. Best of luck for your final days of existence...I'm out of here.

39 minutes ago, Cole Parker said:

De we get a sequel?

C

Perhaps not a sequel as I wrote it first, but it does convey where my feelings are, I think:

The Slaves Lament

Even moderate examination of recent wars and political directions, let alone extended experience of these modern times, cannot dissuade the rational thoughts of impending doom; of some new world that is neither brave nor free. Slavery of people by the people for some of the richest people has been the objective of fascism. The rule of the tyrant to divide and conquer can be seen in nearly every business , every political party and every government. Segregation of the deprived sustains the ignorance of the enslaved, and even hides the fact that the masters are slaves themselves.

The right to not only pursue happiness but help each other to find that happiness is hidden from all and sundry. Worse, under the terms of fascism, the masters are encouraged to believe that happiness is the pleasure of watching the suffering of the deprived.

The Trump/Bannon/Miller regime has now brought this suffering to the United States based on the religious need to atone for sins that, in reality, no one has committed because they are fabricated in fiction. The enslaved do not know that freedom is their right, the masters know it, and the authoritarians revel in the misery they have brought to humanity.

Demand Spartacus to come forward, and if he does not stand then shout back, "I am Spartacus" because we cannot wait any longer for our freedom, we must claim our own freedom and the freedom of us, all...and if we are crucified for wanting our rights, then so be it.