Stories disappeared from Nifty?

Graeme

Is it my imagination, or has a large number of stories disappeared? The gay High School section is only showing stories since Jan 2016, and the indexes to older stories now longer exist. Similar for the gay College section.

Was there some sort of announcement about the older stories that I missed? This seems to have happened in the last couple of days.

I have been making a few changes to the Nifty Archives to make the site more mobile-friendly.  One change improved font scaling on mobile devices.  Another change implemented "infinite scrolling" of the index of stories for larger categories (similar to the behavior of the feed on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.).  There apparently are some formatting problems that affect MSIE 8, but even Microsoft discontinued support and maintenance for that version early last year.  Recent versions of major web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Opera) all work, including mobile devices.

I am not aware of any problems that prevented display of the entire index of stories.  JavaScript needs to be enabled.  If you scroll to the bottom of the index of stories, it should automatically load the next batch.  This reduces the size and time to load the initial list, for readers who want to skim the latest stories, and does not "hide" or relegate the older stories to additional levels of navigation.

I am planning some additional design improvements to Nifty. Anyone who is interested to provide constructive feedback is welcome to contact me.