OCD Login All of a Sudden

In recent days this site suddenly requires logging in at least daily, even with "remember me" checked.  it used to be that I would stay logged in indefinitely so long as I checked in every day or so.  Now I am having to log in all the time.  The old way was better.

R

Nothing has changed at the site.  Yours is the first complaint I've heard.

Usually remembering your log in is a dialogue between the site and your browser.  Have you changed any browser settings... such as accepting cookies?  How about other sites you need to check in to?  Do you have to log-in to each of them? 

If your browser settings have changed or if you have switched browsers you may have the problem you described.

Mike

2 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

In recent days this site suddenly requires logging in at least daily, even with "remember me" checked.  it used to be that I would stay logged in indefinitely so long as I checked in every day or so.  Now I am having to log in all the time.  The old way was better.

Clearing your browser's cache can often resolve problems like what you're describing.

Colin  :icon_geek:

21 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

Don't know if the iPhone cache can be cleared but I'll try on Firefox.

Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
  2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
  3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.

I hope it works; I don't own any Apple devices. The above information is courtesy of that fount of all knowledge, the Great God Google.

Colin  :icon_geek: