Oh, Radio, Tell Me Everything...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, hi. :) Thank so much for all the awesome comments, even the critical ones because after I got over the soul crushing disappointment and talked myself down from my roof (kidding of course) they actually helped me be a better writer and made me more aware of a few things I tend to overdo. I'm glad most of you liked the story so much, especially since a lot of you are writers yourselves and you have such a great collection of other stories to compare it to. So, thank you guys for being so cool :)

For those who have not yet read this great story... I'll be putting it up here at AwesomeDude this Saturday. Was hoping for Wednesday, but don't want to trust myself doing another mid-week all-nighter. So glad to have Cy here at AwesomeDude where he's promised to produce some nice short stories. The finale/epilogue to Oh Radio was super and we hope any who've not read this story will do so... a roller coaster with lots of laughs along with the thrills!

Mike

• 2 years later...

I know I'm a couple of years late to the party but... what a magnificent story! Ninety percent of if takes place between the eardrums of a teenage boy and it's one of the best character studies of the teen brain at work I've ever read. The story is uneven and that's part of the wonder. Sometimes it's happy, sad, dark and grim - just like real life. Sometimes it's downright ridiculous - just like real life. And at times it's even totally unreal - just like real life! It should be mandatory reading in every Adolescent Psychology course.

My good fortune was to read it now, after it's finished so I don't have to wait between chapters. Exceptional work. Thank you Cy-Kun.

Cy-Kun has published the first two volumes of a trilogy he has in the works. The first is "Aidan Awakening" (why won't this stupid machine let me use the underline). The third volume should be out soon. It's got magic and fantasy, so it's a bit different than "Oh Radio..." and "Everything Will..." and if you enjoy this genre you will certainly enjoy this work. Cy-Kun is always a delight as his work here demonstrates.