The Last Shaman

I am greatly enjoying this tale.

The author has several other tales posted. They are in various different theme categories some of which are definitely not to my taste.

Another post apocalyptic tale I enjoyed was ' at days end www.nifty.org/ nifty/gay/sf-fantasy/at-days-end/

Some of his stories appear incomplete . I hope this doesn't happen with 'the last shaman'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The American Native beliefs as depicted in The Last Shaman are, for atheist me, quite acceptable in the story.

The Creator is presented as a belief of Ravenhawk in the story and as such doesn't confront the beliefs of the others.

The evil pastor however did use his religion as a demand to be obeyed, in attempt to control those around him.

There's a difference between custom that does no harm, and irrational faith where such faith is a threat to the freedom of opinion and its expression.

However, the atheist position of admitting that we cannot accept belief without evidence is not challenged by eloquent mythology when it is presented as myth..

Learning to live with the beauty of myth is part of the journey of our evolving understanding of our consciousness; our appreciation of reality.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking that our hot weather here in Adelaide (near 40F) would make for a really good sweat lodge. I could then go on a vision quest to find out what I can do to help politicians be intelligent.

Or perhaps not...

• 2 months later...