Mind Over What Matters by Addym Kehris

Some of you may know Addym's writing from the short story published on AD. He is a fine writer. This is well structured and well told story. A Science Fantasy with a gay theme. This is the story of a fifteen year old, soon to be sixteen who finds out that he is:

a) Not who he thinks he is,

and

b) Possessed of abilities that he should not have.

Some themes in the story are reminiscent of other writers. There are hints of MacCaffery's 'Brian Ship' series and even touches of Harry Potter, where Addym takes themes that arise in those works explore tackles them from his own perspective.

I have really enjoyed reading this and can't wait for the second book in the series.

You can get it from Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-Over-Matters-Haywoods-Journey-ebook/dp/B007USWVIO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465020504&sr=8-1&keywords=Addym+Kehris

​Oh yes. For those of you who have read Holiday Renewal, Addym's short story here at AD, and think this author only writes warm and fuzzy stories about young companions...I have some news for you. Mind Over What Matters is an aggressive science fiction piece where the good guys shoot straight and the bad guys don't survive.

Addym has built a complete world around his characters and given them powers you might find only in a gaming context, but it works so well. His use of futuristic technology takes the reader into a mythical place that I cannot reveal without spoiling the plot. Let's say his characters are just as happy battling with the enemy as they are cooking a five course dinner.

I don't suppose he would be unhappy if I revealed that he is working on a sequel for this book. When you have a valiant bunch of warriors to thrill the readers it is almost a given that they need to make a comeback. Amazon is a good source for this reasonably priced book although the Kindle version has the best price. Enjoy!

I bought the Kindle version of Mind Over What Matters on Amazon back in November, 2013. Part 2 of Heywood's story was promised then, but in Addym's blog post of July 21, 2014 he explains why it's taking so long.

It'll be worth the wait.

Colin :icon_geek: