Assault on the Constitution

Chris James

The photos that accompany this article tell the story quite well. I think we can all accept that many churches in the Houston area did a lot to help the storm victims in their recovery, but that is the nature of faith based organizations, if they are really a religious entity. Having a house and calling it a church is just a scam.

I am not a religious person and see these multi-million dollar "houses of worship" as little more than a fancy office building for the scamvangelists.  The very nature of what is preached gives lie to the majestically adorned holy buildings which even the Bible calls out as sinful. Their disbursement of money to help the storm victims is little more than a return on those who gave the funds in the first place.

Without taxes, religious organizations do not contribute to the state and thus deserve nothing in return . Tax churches and I might be persuaded to grant them some repair monies, but only if they have a real house of worship and not some one room shack. Of course, if the Bible is to be believed, it would be more religious to worship in a shack than some stone edifice. 

The current state of thought in government is disjointed enough to allow money to flow to churches. This will be an interesting court case:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/07/texas-churches-damaged-during-harvey-sue-fema-for-federal-funding-denied-houses-of-worship/?utm_term=.72caa523fcab

Thanks for the humor section, Chris. There's a sweet irony that most churches I've seen carry insurance. Seems like the old saying, "In God we trust. All others pay cash" should cover things - especially those listed as Acts of God !

Don't those of a religious persuasion look to nature as the manifestation of God? Job 1:21 reminds us that "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away." But now those same churches expect FEMA to replaceth the Lord.

In a rather classic legal case, however, that theory was found wanting:

" A woman in Cherokee County, North Carolina left her entire estate to God. The court instructed the county sheriff to find the beneficiary. A few days later, the sheriff returned and submitted his report: 'After due and diligent search, God cannot be found in this county.' "  [ https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth45880/m1/10/ 27 May 1954]

And now a word from that dumbass in the White House:

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/09/09/trump-churches-entitled-fema-funds/

I am happy to be sitting here in South Florida as the storm approaches...fortunately it will be headed up the eastern coast and spare us all the major grief.

Correction: Oops, my bad...Cole is right it is the west coast. Bye, Bye Naples and Tampa. 

On 9/9/2017 at 10:49 AM, Chris James said:

Correction: Oops, my bad...Cole is right it is the west coast. Bye, Bye Naples and Tampa. 

And Jacksonville, too, and that's on the north-east corner of Florida. Lots of major water damage. An Aunt and Cousin live in Alachua, FL. It's about 20 miles north of Gainesville. She sent pictures, one of which shows a house surrounded by water; I hope it isn't her house! They are supposed to be coming to the Bay Area at the end of next week. Now I'm not sure that they will make the trip.

Colin  :icon_geek: