dude

AwesomeDude 2018

Best Wishes to all for the new year as well as some news for all of you who have supported us for the past (nearly) fourteen years. 

·      Effective January 1st, 2018 AwesomeDude.com will update once a week, on Saturdays.  Updates will take place at 00:00 Saturdays Eastern US Time.  CodeysWorld.com will continue its once-weekly schedule on Wednesdays.

·      We are opening up automated registrations to AwesomeDude Forums once again.  A year ago when we moved our Forums to the InvisionPower Cloud servers, we experienced a flood of spam bots trying to register from Russian bloc countries.  I have been assured that additional filtering has been added over the past year and that it is now safe to once again accept automated registrations.  However, those wishing to join the forums and get the includedposting privileges and who find the automated filtering too onerous, I’ll be glad to register you manually.  Just let me know via email to register@awesomedude.com.

·      We are considering setting up a mailing list to advise readers of new stories and serial story chapters.  If you’d be interested, drop us a line at mailing-list@awesomedude.com.  When we begin, we’ll let you know here in the Dude’s Desk Forum.

·      We are also planning to expand our Flash Fiction coverage by adding it to the AwesomeDude.com Home Page.  Currently Flash Fiction is part of the AwesomeDude Forums, but the new plan is to incorporate it into the AD Website proper and list the Flash Fiction stories on each AD Author’s home page.  Non-AD Authors will still be welcome to post their Flash Fiction in the AD Forums… all you have to do is be a member of the AD Forums.  (see above)

·      AwesomeDude Radio is back!  Enjoy oldies from the 20th Century while you read or write for AwesomeDude.com.  Set up a shortcut on your desktop to www.awesomeduderadio.com or click on the AD Radio button at the top of the AD Forums page.

·      And speaking of writing for AwesomeDude.com… we’re always looking for good new stories and talented authors.  Submit stories to submissions@awesomedude.com.  Click on Submissions on the AD Home Page to learn what we’re looking for.

Thanks again, for your outstanding support over the years.  We’ll turn 14 in April and can’t wait for our voice to change!

All the best,

Mike

That’s an awesome set of changes, Mike, and I applaud your willingness to keep fine-tuning the site.  I think we will all benefit from these initiatives.

I think the addition of Flash Fiction to our author pages is a fine idea.  Will this be retroactive to include earlier entries, or could each of us be responsible for bringing up nominations from the past for this new listing?  I am of the opinion that not all of my previous contributions to Flash Fiction are all that worth preserving, but there are a couple of titles I’d like to bring forward to be listed.

I’m looking forward to April, when AD turns 14, and hope to learn that you have been able to restore that hair.  Keep looking in the mirror.

James

Mike,

I have no problem with your once-weekly update plan, but with long stories such as An English Teen..., you probably should update with two chapters a week. Otherwise, the story would string out to over a year and a half, which seems a little long to keep interest.

Based on our current posting schedule, I always go with the author's preference.  If an author wants two chapters a week, I can do that do that.

Mike