dude

New AD Posting Schedule in 2018

For those of you who may have missed it in my AwesomeDude 2018 announcement, we have -for the time being- reduced our posting schedule to once a week.

I realize this comes as a surprise to some of you who don't read Dude's Desk postings word-for-word, but as of January 2018 we are now updating the site every Saturday.

This comes as our day-to-day staff at AD is now one person... me.  I hope that not having to update twice a week will contribute much needed time to  orderly mainten the site, i.e. updating author pages and other housekeeping tasks, and will allow more time to produce enhanced visual representations of our authors' stories as well as to seek out and bring on more excellent stories and talented authors.

I've also added a notice on the AwesomeDude Home Page announcing the posting schedule.  AD is not going away, we're just trying to make the site better and might even be able to improve the visual presentations of legacy stories posted over the past 14 years  before HTML5 and CSS became the norm.

If you have suggestions for the AD Site/Forums or a question and aren't  yet a member of the AD Forums, you'll find it is now much easier to join as automated registration has been restored as of January 1st 2018.  As always, any questions about anything at AD should go to dude@awesomedude.com

Thanks for your continuing support!

Mike

I’m definitely going to miss my Wednesday AD fix, but I’ll get used to it I’m sure. If a once a week schedule provides the time necessary to keep AD running smoothly, author pages updated, and maybe even a tiny bit of down time for Mike, it’s all worth it. Thanks for a great site!

13 hours ago, Richard Lee said:

I’m definitely going to miss my Wednesday AD fix, but I’ll get used to it I’m sure. If a once a week schedule provides the time necessary to keep AD running smoothly, author pages updated, and maybe even a tiny bit of down time for Mike, it’s all worth it. Thanks for a great site!

You can slip over to AwesomeDude's little brother's site Codey's World on Wednesday mornings (that's the CW posting day) and see what's new there.

Colin  :icon_geek:
Admin for Codey's World

Thank you both! I haven’t been ignoring you, but the past several weeks have been unusually busy. I have visited Codey’s World, but not regularly. I’ll have to make that a Wednesday priority.