AD Forum Woes!

dude

If you are reading this in the ugly default forum theme, you will know something is wrong.

Once, every month or two, the admins of sites get a notice to upgrade to the latest version of the Invision Power Board forum software.  I got such a notice this afternoon and followed the usual procedure.

However, when the upgrade to version 4.3.0 was completed the AD Community Forums had disappeared.  IPS blames IPSFocus - our third party theme provider.  IPSFocus says the updated theme will be available later today.  If we're lucky... that is IF...  we might have the theme updated overnight.  IPS reset our site to the default (ugly) theme.

Running the AD Site and the AD Forums is not easy and I'm only one person... so your patience would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Don't feel too bad, Mike. I did the upgrade this morning to The Talon House and now no one can get the site. I get a 500 error code now.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Yes, the update requires a theme update as well.  Nobody spelled that out.  Try resetting your users interface theme to IPS default and march onward to get a theme update.

Mike

• dude locked this topic