'Galaxies and Oceans' and 'Yanni's Story' by N R Walker

Something that is not talked about very much in the gay community is domestic abuse within a gay relationship. Maybe we like to think it does not happen, but it does. On a couple of occasions, I have found myself helping to pick up the pieces after some domestic abuse in a gay relationship. 

On more than one time I have tried to write about it, to date with no success, which is one reason why I am so impressed with these two novels by N R Walker.  

The first, 'Galaxies and Oceans' is set in the South of Australia. It is the story of Aubrey, a young man who has to die to escape the abusive relationship that he is in. It is also the story of Patrick, an older man who has to overcome the grief he has lived with since the death of his lover. 

The second 'Yanni's Story' is about an aspiring actor who escapes an abusive relationship but then has to rebuild his life. In so doing he is able to not only build a new life for himself but to help others, who are trapped in the same hell that he was in.  

I have long admired N R Walker's writing, but I think these two books, which are available on Kindle, are some of her best works.