Michael Duggan on CRVboy

Pedro

I was looking for a story that I thought was over on CRVboy. When my initial search drew a blank, I thought it might have been one of Michael Duggan’s but now find all of his stories are missing from the site. Does anyone know what has happened? Or how to contact CRVboy to ask as I cannot find any contact details. 

Thanks

I sent Pedro an email while I was locked out of the forums, but I am back in now, so I can share with everyone.

I have no relationship with crvboy and have no idea why the stories have been removed, but I can tell you how to find them.  The Wayback Machine Internet Archive is a great resource for missing content.  This link will take you straight to the crvboy archives:

Choose any of the highlighted dates and that will open up the archived version of the website.  Since there are no photos or videos, pretty much the whole site is archived and can be accessed.  I chose one at random from 2016 and was able to get into all of the stories I checked, including all the chapters of multi-part stories.

I used the Wayback Machine when the Mail Crew website disappeared and was able to not only find the stories I wanted, but also the pdf versions of things like Brew Maxwell's Foley-Mashburn saga.

Another point:  at least some of the stories on crvboy that are marked as removed for publication are still there on the website, just not linked from the index.  Michael's stories may be that way, too.  The crvboy page naming structure is fairly simple and obvious, so it is possible the stories are still there and just need to be found.

Hope this helps you out!
Tom
  • 1 month later...

Sorry. I should have reported back sooner. 

I did manage to find Michael Duggan’s stories using the web archive, but no reason why they have been taken down. I haven’t done a rigorous analysis but I have the feeling some other authors might also have dropped from CRVboy’s listings - the index looks shorter than it used to.

Finally, the story I was looking for was actually Wyatt’s Thanksgiving by David Lee. Some of his stories are on Castle Roland and IOMFATS, but the bulk of his ouvres are on Nifty.