Handsome Devil

Camy

'Handsome Devil' is wonderfully life affirming, warm and funny. You have to see this movie!

Ned, the bullied outsider, and Conor, a new boy and star athlete, are forced to room together at their cloistered (Rugby obsessed) boarding school.

I totally agree with your review, Emu!

This is one of the best movies in years.

BTW although Conor was supposed to be the 'Handsome Devil' ... I found Ned to be equally appealing.  Adorable Ginger!

High recommendations for this movie! 

Mike

2 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Um, a, just where did you go to access this film?  

C

Cole, it's on Netflix, Googleplay, and I think Youtube, too - which is not to say I've watched it three times, though it's certainly worth watching more than once.

I actually watched it a couple of years ago, but because of Camy's post I just watched it again. Really great show; choked me up pretty good. Netfix has it, but you have to spell almost the whole title in search before it shows up. 

BTW, I was bullied only a few time during my school years, in part because I'd react so forcefully (violently) that nobody dared for a few years. A reminder that I wasn't a pacifist, every three or four years, resolved bullying issues for me. 😈 I found out years later that people on the autistic spectrum (like me) will sometimes react instantly and instinctively, without thoughts about consequences, and generally exponentially harder than the provocation. I never realized that at the time; I just reacted. Having discovered this rather dangerous hair trigger I will now ALWAYS turn and walk away from such a situation. I truly hope I never chance upon a case of child or animal abuse though because I doubt I could turn away. 

6 hours ago, Trab said:

IBTW, I was bullied only a few time during my school years, in part because I'd react so forcefully (violently) that nobody dared for a few years. A reminder that I wasn't a pacifist, every three or four years, resolved bullying issues for me. 😈 I found out years later that people on the autistic spectrum (like me) will sometimes react instantly and instinctively, without thoughts about consequences, and generally exponentially harder than the provocation.

Trab, that's a good general approach to bullying if a school doesn't have a program to stop it immediately. Bullies HATE to be bullied, especially if someone kicks their ass and doesn't seem to care if they're caught doing it... and they're smart enough to not actually get caught.

Colin   :icon_geek: