Cuttiing Your Dick Off

I find the argument about wanting the boys to look like their fathers completely spurious. That's not a topic that is relevant before puberty, and should be complete taboo after then. If you want to argue that, then you should be arguing for breast implants on baby girls, too.

There appear to be medical arguments in favour of circumcision, but what are the numbers behind the argument? For example, if it reduces urinary tract infection from four in ten thousand to two in ten thousand, then I don't see it's really that significant (despite a 50% drop in infection rates). Please note, I have made up those numbers without any research to determine the correct ones.

For the record, my two boys were not circumcised. We didn't even discuss the topic except in passing. Neither my wife nor I considered it to be important.

Graeme

I don't know about 'either you are or you aren't' since there are different kinds of circumcision. Some are very slight, some pretty major-including the cases where a baby's dick is cut entirely off by accident. Man, I am so against cutting kids' dicks, I can't tell you. The only time I think it's justified is when there are some problems with the skin, like boys who can't urinate or go erect without pain or problems. And this pretty much comes up, so to speak, LATER than birth. Even in those cases, I'd like to see the least amount of cutting done that would solve the problem.

The arguement about looking like other boys in America doesn't go far with gay people, I'd guess, I mean SURGERY so you won't be picked on in school? Are kids really picked on for this anyhow? I mean, wouldn't giving kids nosejobs or something go a lot further to make them fit in with their peers? Jeez, Louis.

I think it should be left to the ADULT to decide whether they want to cut on their dick, and I'm betting not too many would want to, esp if they knew about the loss of sensation. But even these days, you get articles like the one I just saw in my In Box about the horrors of being uncut, some more crap about higher HIV rates in the uncircumcised. So we have parents and doctors STILL cutting little boys' weiners. America is so nuts, and other countries (Korea, I'm told, as an example) have embraced the insanity as part of their American Idolatry.

Bumper sticker I saw in the neighborhood:

UNCIRCUMCISED?

Lucky Stiff!

Kisses...

TR (cut)

I'll add more on this later, but I would like to know what is meant by the term, partly cut, in reference to the penis. The term is often used in online 'dating' service listings.

I'll add more on this later, but I would like to know what is meant by the term, partly cut, in reference to the penis. The term is often used in online 'dating' service listings.

http://www.circlist.com/styles/style.html

That site is obviously pro-circ but shows some of the different ways a dick can be cut, and what the results are.

Kisses...

TR

P.S. Here's a good, short overview of the practice of routine infant circumcision:

http://www.purewatergazette.net/circumcision.htm

Dad: You know, I was always against circumcision.

Me: So how come I'm...

Dad: *Nods toward Mom*

Mom: They said it was for hygine. And after all, it's such a little thing-

Me: Hey!

Mom: No, I didn't mean THAT...I mean...never mind.

True story. Not sure how we ended up on that topic in the first place, but maaaaan...awkward.

I always kind of wondered about whose bright idea it was in the first place. You know, who was the first guy to look at it and think "You know what? I think I'm going to lop off a piece of that." Was he drunk? Did he lose a bet? Was his wife really, really angry? I mean, I can understand some people wanting it done for the medical issues once they've been discussed, but for that first guy, it must have been something major.

I always kind of wondered about whose bright idea it was in the first place. You know, who was the first guy to look at it and think "You know what? I think I'm going to lop off a piece of that." Was he drunk? Did he lose a bet? .

I think the idea might have to stop boys from masturbating. Lots of worry about that at the end of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Lots of books about the evils of autoerotica and how parents should combat it. Books by women crusaders AND men!

And you see how well that worked out.

The whole anti sex thing just baffles me. Are they people who have never enjoyed sex and/or never had it? Even with themselves? Are they hypocrites who don't practice what they preach? Sigh. I think everyone should masturbate daily, it's more important than brushing your teeth, keeps you sane and healthy.

TR

So true. I'm with you. Well, I'm by myself, but I'd like to be with you.

Hmmm. Reminds me of when I started Drama Club and got so many email requests to 'meet' Angel, in chat or on the phone, for nookie. I'm like, hmmm. Pimping out my story hero? (I never did, if you're wondering)

I like your icon, Trab/Bart. Two guys sword fencing, a favorite boyhood pasttime.

Kisses...

TR

After looking at the site that TR posted that goes into great detail about the various types of circumcisions, I was very pleased to find that my circumcision type is congruent with my moral character: low and loose.

cheers!

aj

I'm not radically for or against.

I had a similar conversation with my parents, as a young adult. They said that the best medical advice at the time involved hygiene and the risk of cervical cancer to a woman. After reading, I also knew that some boys and men have trouble with their foreskin being tight or not retracting.

So, I'm circumcised, like most of the boys I went to school with. I may have been avoiding looking at them, but you can't help but see something in the locker room.

The argument in favor seems too far-fetched to me. If a boy keeps clean, he'll be fine. If his foreskin is too tight or there's some other health risk, then that's the time for medical help.

Yeah, you have to wonder whose bright idea it was to do that the first time, and why no one said, "hey, that's part of my original equipment, keep away!"

Regarding masturbation, hey, nothing wrong with that. My dad walked in on me once, accidentally, and his advice was, "put that away and go to bed." Crud. Way to make your young teen son feel good about himself, Dad.

Oh, how I wish my dad had been better at teaching me what any boy should know about sex and love.

Regarding masturbation, hey, nothing wrong with that. My dad walked in on me once, accidentally, and his advice was, "put that away and go to bed." Crud. Way to make your young teen son feel good about himself, Dad.

Oh, how I wish my dad had been better at teaching me what any boy should know about sex and love.

Haha, that's cute, Blue. My Dad was fairly cool but Mother ran the ranch, so my bros and me were always terrified of being caught. She NEVER NEVER EVER knocked! (this is why I still have privacy issues that offend friends and lovers) Sort of puts you off the whole thing, well, if anything could have, that would have.

I can't imagine Dad teaching us what we 'should know about sex and love', though. Ick.

Kisses...

TR

Haha, but it didn't feel cute at the time, being walked in on doing that and then being told that. I know you get that.

About being taught by one's dad:

By that, I mean I got almost no advice from my dad on "the Birds and the Bees." Only one, very simplistic talk about intercourse. I mean unfamiliar barnyard terms to a very, very uninformed city boy. So I didn't ask again. Dad said nothing about anything else. They were fine with me going to what sex ed was offered at school. That and reading and guys and girls talking were my info sources.

Later, when I asked my dad as an adult, his answer was that he didn't know enough and the school could teach me better. Well, that's as may be, but that wasn't how other things were taught to me by my folks. The basic issue was, as a kid, I wanted and needed my dad to explain the big mysteries to his son. Simply that.

Even as a young kid, about 12, getting that Talk, because I'd asked, I knew it was less than what I wanted and needed to know. I mean, info about girls' and guys' bodies, hygiene, health, sex, love, feelings, all of it. I was a smart kid, my parents were affectionate, loving, and other subjects were handled in an adult manner, in a way a young person could understand. I don't mean to say there was no discussion of love or sex, but there was much less than there should have been, given how they felt about teaching other things.

Heh, and I just *knew* without asking that discussing feelings for boys, or boys doing things together, was off-limits with my dad.

Hmm, I realize that, as an adult, I probably could have talked some to my mom, and she might even have been trying to get me to talk at one point. But that reticence stayed ingrained.

Yeah, I know, I didn't quite want to talk to my parents about anything having to do with sex, but yet I remember wanting and needing to know about it, how they felt about it.

Hmm, kids have it tough, any age under 18. -- To be fair, I know it's a huge job to be a parent. My parents managed mostly fine with me. I just wish the one subject area hadn't been so taboo.

...I'm repeating myself too. Trying not to.

Well, that was certainly an interest site. After reading some of the names of the parts, it makes one wonder if the term "beating your meat" is actually based on the latin "meatus" rather than what we 'normally' think might be the origin.

That said, I cannot even imagine having a tight foreskin. I was masturbating from at least 5 years old, and my grandma was only too happy to point out that she caught me at it each time she came for a visit. (I just reread this sentence, and it is definitely not right. But it is too funny to change, so I'll correct it here: ...was only too happy to point out each time she came for a visit that she had once caught me at it.) When you work at it for that many years, it's not tight. Take my word for it. I suspect only the masturbationally deprived uncut suffer from that problem. :)

I was going to go on with a description of some of my personal sexual self stimulation adventures, but then I thought, "Maybe this is inappropriate here. Maybe they don't want to hear about my perversions. Maybe one of these guys will actually meet me one day." {I do actually talk to myself that way.}

Hmm, kids have it tough, any age under 18. -- To be fair, I know it's a huge job to be a parent. My parents managed mostly fine with me. I just wish the one subject area hadn't been so taboo.

I think my sister handled it well. By 5 my nephew was familiar with all the words, and by 8 he was aware of ALL the details. For what it's worth, I have only been able to come out to my sister and her two boys, and not my mother. And I'm 56 for God's sake. How we are brought up is so very critical to our wellbeing in more ways than just the physical. My parents were very loving, and talked about pretty much anything and everything else openly and freely. Sex was a huge silent void as a conversation topic. Very sad.

I'm surprised nobody challenged me when I called masturbation 'perversions'. Of course I didn't really mean it in that way, and maybe everyone here is so good with satire that they just passed right over it, but then again, the bait is snapped up awfully quickly most times.

I think possibly telling about it all in public, on an open forum, would be a perversion.

:oops:

in an open forum is not perversion. Getting off about talking about masturbation on an open forum might be perverse, but quite frankly--I haven't any idea why everyone talks about perversion like it's a bad thing anyway. I mean, we've all got our own little kinks, and as long as we don't coerce other people into participating, where's the harm? The only evil perversion is coercion.

cheers!

aj

I've had one boyfriend who was uncircumcised. The poor guy had like a complex about it. He was the only un-circed guy around and avoided all sorts of things like sports and gym that might expose his "secret".

I must admit that it surprised me (I was only 16). I thought that he was just really shy because he was small. Happily, I was wrong on both counts. :D

People were really rude to him about it. Being different isn't easy regaurdless of what is different.