Stories like Rabbits!

blue

Wow, TragicRabbit's stories are multiplying like, well, like Rabbits.

No wonder the cast are plotting against him.

I'd heard Rabbits were prolific, but...really!

At this pace, he'll wake up one day and be too busy scribbling to look fabulous. And that would be just...tragic...if you'll pardon the expression.

But perhaps it's that high lagomorphic metabolism. Or all the cigs and DP.

...Oh, relax, TR, I'm only kiddin' ya. :hugs: Just get some sleep occasionally, OK?

Ditto, that Blue.

It seems like we were just buying Joey's training wheels a few weeks ago... how he is cruising around on a Harley Hog!

I am seriously considering revoking his New Writers status!

Now, now, that would be mean, I'm only heading into my eighth week of fiction writing and need some support and guidance (anytime, guys!)

My new spoof, of Josh's The Least of These, is on the front page of the site now, Josh loved it which tickled me purple...

I'd write chapter 15 of DC tonight but I'm out of ciggies and without ciggies and DP, yep, I just can't do it! Angel will have to wait for, ah, whatever happens next.

Someone IMed me the other day about Keith's Best of Nifty site having Drama Club on it, is it anywhere else that I don't know of? I thought that was pretty cool though as my other favorite story, the one that decided me on writing on my own, was Keith's The Boyfriend. So the litter of little rabbits around here is all Keith's fault, actually...

Kisses...

TR

:? Well, just so no one gets the wrong idea, I don't repost stories without permission, just the Nifty links (and if I happen to know it, any other website where they are featured). I'd never just grab someone's work and post it without permission.

Oh and TR - thanks for the plug for Boyfriend, but you're doing quite well all on your own, and God knows at a quicker pace than I've ever turned it out. Keep up the good work. 8)

:? Well, just so no one gets the wrong idea, I don't repost stories without permission, just the Nifty links (and if I happen to know it, any other website where they are featured). I'd never just grab someone's work and post it without permission.

Oh and TR - thanks for the plug for Boyfriend, but you're doing quite well all on your own, and God knows at a quicker pace than I've ever turned it out. Keep up the good work. 8)

OMG! It's Keith!

I think I just almost nearly got spanked in public...wonder what I'd have to do to GET spanked in public by Keith? (Somehow I just have it in my head that he's David Sciuoto...be still my heart...) Maybe if I spoofed HIS stuff? Josh seems not to hate me, I mean, those 56 bounced emails, they don't MEAN anything, right?

And, no, I wasn't complaining or suggesting Keith had been naughty, I just thought it was interesting and when I saw the site, I was kinda flattered because all my favorite stories are there and it looked liked a great 'Best' listing. I wondered what else I don't know; that huge, drafty category of my ignorance.

I don't really like the Nifty archives as much for DC, we're having some arguements on whether he has the ethical right to disallow me to submit corrected copies of chapters, for one thing, so that's the worst copy out there of Drama Club. I'm keeping a mastercopy where I make the majority of the corrections and need to break it up and submit it around so that DC won't look such a mess--if anyone has advice in this area, I'd be glad to have it.

Thanks, Keith, for saying I'm doing quite well on my own but I'd rather do better with some help, if I get choices. As to the pace, I'm not sure why that is. I love writing and the more I write, the more I write...and the more I love it. I'm off right now to stock up on Dr. Pepper Fusion and Marlboro 27s so I can write some more this weekend. My friends are forgetting what I look like, I guess, since when I get that urge to harf up a story hairball, I go right on and disappear to do it. A few of them demanded to know what, exactly, I thought I was up to so, rather than have them think I was forging money for the mob, I gave them links.

They'd probably have preferred mob involvement but I did find out that at least one of them also writes...including one who writes stuff like this. I might be bringing him around to meet Dude if I can get his stuff scanned. Some kind of sci-fi style gay something or other, I'm not sure yet since I've yet to see it. The Dude's been great. I don't know what's more fun, all the airplay I get on AD or all the late night sexchat I get from Seoul. Naturally, the two are unrelated. *wink*

I'm still gaga that Keith posted to me. I'll never wash my modem again.

Kisses...

TR

I don't see why it should be a problem to take down an old copy and repost a newly corrected copy. I know there are housekeeping and reformatting issues to put things on a site. Still, that is just part of running a site. Ultimately, it's the story's *author* who has the say on what draft of his/her story is the correct one. Just IMHO.

Getting down from my soapbox, I'd say that, TR, you have the perfect right to tell the Nifty archivist that you wish to withdraw your stories from that site. It may not get the stories out to as many readers as you'd like as quickly, but hey, google is wonderful, right? :)

Well, it seems like a rabbit's e-mails would bounce anyway, right?

I'll look at something you sent to make suggestions on formatting and such.

You are doing much better than you think, with your writing. How you have time to do anything else, I have no idea. I suspect TR is actually a vast Borg algorithm inhabiting (inrabbiting?) a regeneration alcove somewhere. ::Brushes away those rabbit-eared nanoprobes:: A Borg rabbit, now there's a scary idea! Although the DP Fusion explains a lot. (Ooh, a dangling clause, how's it danglin' bud?)

Your friend with the sci-fi stuff? It has to be s:c:a:n:n:e:d ? No disk copies? How...how...how very retro! -- Yes, I can imagine it. I hope it's on individual pages, scanning even a few pages of a bound book is a pain...not that I've ever done that, you understand. :roll:

Just wanted to say, I got a big kick out of "The Worst of These." Alternate universe, alright!

Queer City has potential. I've seen some discussions that point out parallels or allegory between the X-Men movies and comics and how the majority culture often views or treats people who are GLBT, often without realizing it. So that fuels my viewpoint on Queer City. (I started to say, "informs my opinion on Queer City," but that sounded too stuffy and textbook-y and made me remember one prof who went over a single short paragraph for one entire 1 1/2 hour lecture. Also, I'm not sure I'm "informed" on much of anything, lately. Eh, c'est la vie.)

Just wanted to say, I got a big kick out of "The Worst of These." Alternate universe, alright!

Queer City has potential. I've seen some discussions that point out parallels or allegory between the X-Men movies and comics and how the majority culture often views or treats people who are GLBT, often without realizing it. So that fuels my viewpoint on Queer City. (I started to say, "informs my opinion on Queer City," but that sounded too stuffy and textbook-y and made me remember one prof who went over a single short paragraph for one entire 1 1/2 hour lecture. Also, I'm not sure I'm "informed" on much of anything, lately. Eh, c'est la vie.)

Thanks regarding TWOT! I've gotten a few comments to the effect that its funny but none were as great as those from Josh, I was kidding about him blocking my emails<g>. I love to hear that I'm a funny fellow...overall, I don't get much comment from anyone on anything other than DC. I love DC and appreciate the support but would like to write some other stuff, too, in my life.

I may do a few more chapters of Queer City to see if any interest materializes. Right now, you could count the supportive emails on the fingers of one hand.So..we'll see. Might stick it up on Nifty and see if anyone over there likes it but I'd have to add a hot (with Flash!) sex scene to chapter one...

BTW, I don't know WHERE people get the idea that Queer City is an alternate universe or sci-fi or made-up...

....but I'm not telling you what MY secret power is....

TR

Perhaps he doesn't need a flashlight when he gets up at night to go? :grin: Might be an "enlightening" experience if it glows in the dark.... :: ~Blue ducks the tomatoes ::

Don't stress, Rabbit. It might take 'em a couple of weeks to get to your story. Then you've gotta allow 'em some time to quit laughing at the spoofs. You have a talent for zaniness and some sharp satire between the jokes.

...And I hadn't thought of the abbreviation, "TWOT." Oh my. :blush:

Perhaps he doesn't need a flashlight when he gets up at night to go? :grin: Might be an "enlightening" experience if it glows in the dark.... :: ~Blue ducks the tomatoes ::

Don't stress, Rabbit. It might take 'em a couple of weeks to get to your story. Then you've gotta allow 'em some time to quit laughing at the spoofs. You have a talent for zaniness and some sharp satire between the jokes.

...And I hadn't thought of the abbreviation, "TWOT." Oh my. :blush:

Okay, consider that idea stolen, I'm adding a guy who lights up parts of his body when he blushes or something, I'll give it some thought. Flash can't do that, though, he produces flames but isn't lit from within, that couldn't be the same thing. They only have one 'power' each and they aren't really powers, they're practically useless or, at best, useful for party tricks or small helps and more often get in the way of their lives and, of course, out them to queerphobes.

A talent for zaniness? I like that, some of my favorite authors outside gay fiction are on the wacky side: Vonnegut, Robert Sheckley, Lewis Carroll, AAMilne, Douglas Adams, St Augustine...

TWOT is an acronym, not an abbreviation. The abbrevition would be 'Worst', which might fit anything I've done...

A few peopel said that I wasn't nearly as tough on TLOT as I was on DC in spoofing, that I was too mean to myself as an author in The Farewell Tour...but it does represent what I often think of my writing, remember, I just started...and hope I'll get over my insecurity. My sometime view is summed up in the DC spoof title subheading, under ''The Farewell Tour", it says, 'Yeah, you WISH...'.

Do other writers love what they write before anyone tells them its good? Is this normal or a product of my own personality? Or just a phase? I never did outgrow liking boys and some said that was a phase...

Kisses...

TR

I enjoyed TWOT, although it sometimes had more the sense of being a general spoof of Nifty-type stories rather than specifically about TLOT. I also enjoyed Queer City, and think the first chapter could actually stand on its own as a quirky short story. It will be interesting to see where you take this satirical concept.

In regards to loving what you write before hearing other people's opinions...hmmm...I know I love and cherish the characters in P&J (even though I like to put them through the ringer sometimes). I can't say I love what I write, but I get a certain sense of satisfaction when something that starts as a germ of an idea (e.g. Perry running into the gay brother of a school friend at the mall), turns out well in the sense that all the various writing elements seem to fall nicely into place (character development/interaction, pacing, dialogue, humor, and emotional beats).