Whither Stormnation?

The site's gone entirely and the domain registration has expired. Anyone know what happened?

Stupidly I've never kept any addresses for any nationers - except of course for those with @stormnation.com address! However interrogating the wayback machine finds archived bits of the site but nothing that would help contact anyone!

It's hard not to worry about Ty, Spence and the Nation given the problems this year and I sincerely hope that the guys are ok. At times like this Nationers need to ask themselves if we've done what we could to support the site - have we let Ty and Spence pay for it and maintain it alone for too long?

Anyway the site's always come back from the dead in the past so I'm not giving up hope!

sumbloke

Anyway the site's always come back from the dead in the past so I'm not giving up hope!

Don't give up hope. Things must be tough if Ty gave up the domain, but I know things have been tight for him.

We have been out of touch after a silly falling out in January. Now I feel like shit.

I have an express mail letter ready to go to him in Lake Taupo (Merlow) as I write this... we'll get him back!

Mike

It sure wasn't here yesterday!

Well, I'll try emailing him instead of snail mail.

Thanks for the heads up.

However, it's just like him to get the site up and not post a damned thing by way of explanation. ::mutter::

Hey come on...I like him that way. If Ty wasn't Ty then Storm wouldn't be Storm and his stormy free spirit character is part of why we love him so much :). Never apologise! Never explain!

From the checking I have done the domain had not expired. Unfortunately, the domain was registered with the original, arrogant and WORST registrar, Network Solutions.

Network Solutions is in massive decline since the creation of ICANN and loss of their monopoly. In response to the mass migration to other cheaper, service-oriented domain registrar/web hosts, they have made it virtually impossible to move a domain registered there to another... I know I have moved a half dozen one of which took a year and a half. The are obstructionist at best. I still have one domain there for a friend who only uses it for his email because I can't get them to unlock it so it can be transferred, even though I am the account administrator.

I suspect Spence -Tyrell's account administrator- got caught up in the 'get out of the clutches of NS syndrome'.

Among the dozens of sites that address this (if you are interested) :

http://www.computergripes.com/Network.Solutions.html

However, it's just like him to get the site up and not post a damned thing by way of explanation. ::mutter::

Ty is back home in rural (and beautiful) New Zealand and Spence is in the US. Give 'em a break! :roll: