Homosexual

9 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Just read this story written by William King.  Well-written, captivating, and all-around good story.  Highly recommended.

C

It's on Codey's World, here:  http://www.codeysworld.com/william-king/homosexual/homosexual.php

Colin  :icon_geek:

On 7/17/2017 at 3:20 AM, Cole Parker said:

Just read this story written by William King.  Well-written, captivating, and all-around good story.  Highly recommended.

C

Thank you sir for your kind words and recommendation - this is encouragement indeed, and much appreciated.

This short story draws a lot on my own personal experiences, you might say it is very close to the heart.

I did actually ask my father what the word 'homosexual' meant, I was eleven years old (not thirteen) at the time. So that part is absolutely true as is the response he gave. The incident on the bus, seeing a boy my age one morning on the way to school is also true. Only it wasn't an epiphany. It happened when I was thirteen and already knew I was gay.

The photo is not at all a personal photo, but I did have a crush on a boy at school: doesn't everybody? It wasn't that serious, but he was very cute, and I was upset when he left the school and his family emigrated to Perth, in Australia.

I tried to write the narrative using the language of a thirteen year old. I wanted to describe some of those moments that are so important in your life that you remember them forever.