The Frost Covered Marker

This story by Geron Kees is set in Norway towards the end of the second world war. It is about two boys who one afternoon find themselves deciding to take action to help the resistance and the events that come from that decision. It is extremely well written and evokes a feeling of Norway in its description of things. I had the privilege to meeting and knowing a number of members of the Norwegian resistance when I was working in Scandinavia and this story has the touch of somebody who knows or has know those people.  It is published on IOMFATS and you can find it here:

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/shorts/the-frost-covered-marker.html

I completely agree.  This is masterful storytelling.  A matter of life and  death and old ski bindings.

On 11/17/2017 at 10:29 PM, Joe said:

I completely agree.  This is masterful storytelling.  A matter of life and  death and old ski bindings.

I usually don't like war stories, but The Frost Covered Marker is a wonderful tale of two young teens and heroism and adventure and love of both country and each other, set in a war zone and, other than one exception, a happy ending.

Colin  :icon_geek:

• 2 years later...