For Halloween: THE MIDNIGHT CHIME-TR erotic tale of horror

http://www.awesomedude.com/stories/TR/The_...night_Chime.htm

Another spooky story for Halloween here at AD! Edgar Allan Poe meets Falcon Studios in this erotic horror tale from the author of ghostly historical romance Some Enchanted Evening.

The Midnight Chime combines suspense, a corpse, a clock, a curse, hot sex, and fratricide into a tale fit for All Hallow's Eve.

Enjoy!

Read TR's Halloween Series of poems: www.tragicrabbit.org

You managed to turn a decaying nympho-zombie into a romantic sympathetic figure, AND held on to meter and rhyme the entire way through. Maaan...I'm impressed. Great work.

And "Some Enchanted Evening" is still awesome.

You managed to turn a decaying nympho-zombie into a romantic sympathetic figure, AND held on to meter and rhyme the entire way through. Maaan...I'm impressed. Great work.

And "Some Enchanted Evening" is still awesome.

Haha, thanks! And I just updated the metre, so if anyone read it earlier than 8 or 9 Wed night, you might want to try again. I think I have it flowing a lot better now. Yesterday, it was all I could do to get the story and rhyming stanzas together. I always did like romantic necrophilia, A Rose For Emily is one of my favorite short stories.( http://xroads.virginia.edu/~DRBR/wf_rose.html )

SEE needs updating, actually, I'm a lot better now (I think) at organizing sentences and paragraphs, but I'm skeered to ask the Dude to do all that work! But I'm glad you like both, I like them both, too, actually. I like less than half of what I do, I guess.

Kisses for EC!

TR

I just re-read the story again and the flow is very good now... not that it wasn't to start with....

A truly excellent work and what a great Halloween present for us all!

Don't worry about updates to other stories... I'll find time to get it done!

decaying nympho-zombie into a romantic sympathetic figure

Bwahaha, that has to be one of those "statistically improbable phrases."

...I'm about to read the story now... I'll let ya know if I have a sudden urge for a security blanket. ...Some of you probably wouldn't be surprised to know I held onto thumb-sucking and a security blanket longer than most boys. (Oral fixation, maybe?)

OK, OK, TMI. Right. Sorry. Carry on, then.

I'm actually astonished that I could write a comprehensible story while so constrained by metre, rhyme and rhythm. At first, I had only hoped to set a mood, a scene, but then the tale, as such things do, got out of hand. I'm also surprised that rhymed, old-fashioned stanzas don't preclude hot sex, assuming the sex in the story is any good. The Midnight Chime still isn't perfect, but it's not too bad and I'm proud of myself.

I thought of it as horror but what I'm hearing is that it's more of a romance. You know, I don't know how it is that so many of my stories devolve to romance, it seems to be my default setting. Is that a bad thing? No idea, nor any idea of what it tells you about my psyche. I won't even mention (woops, I'm mentioning!) that a few other TR stories and poems are about having sex with the dead. Some Enchanted Evening, Der Cowboy and several poems romanticize some kind of necrophilia. The Midnight Chime is the only one where someone is actually embracing a disgusting, decaying corpse, though.

I can't answer for my brain.

Thanks to all who liked The Midnight Chime, and, as always, thanks for letting me know.

Kisses....

TR