Stories for Halloween and Thanksgiving

Halloween is one week from today, and I have a new story to post on the very day. What happens when a thirteen-year-old New Yorker who's stuck at home giving out candy on Halloween, opens the door to find another lonely boy on the other side? Even better, the boys are both Star Trek fans. Time for a little Trek or Treat. Then come back the following week for the start of a three-part novella in which Seth and Asher decide that, since their parents are too busy to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, they'll prepare one for themselves. Throw in a friendly bet on whether or not they can tell the difference between vinyl and digital music, and several 'friends' who manage to invite themselves to their quiet, traditional meal for two, and you have the makings of a memorable Thanksgiving Dinner. What could possibly go wrong?

Yep, we haven't made a big deal of it this year or last but Halloween will always have stories. 

For once, the holiday falls on a posting day, so the three Halloween stories in hand will be posted on Wednesday, October 31st.

They are all good!

I attended an LGBT+ writers' group on Monday evening. There were six of us, gathered around the kitchen table of our host, and we were given a theme and asked to write something and then read it for critique by the others. The theme was 'a haunted house' and despite my usual aversion to anything halloween (bah, humbug, it isn't a tradition in Britain) I wrote. We were only given an hour but the story flowed fairly steadily onto my screen and afterwards I finished it off, tidied it up and decided to post it. It's only just over a thousand words long, so I've just posted it in Flash Fiction. I hope that's okay.

B x

13 hours ago, Bruin Fisher said:

I attended an LGBT+ writers' group on Monday evening. There were six of us, gathered around the kitchen table of our host, and we were given a theme and asked to write something and then read it for critique by the others. The theme was 'a haunted house' and despite my usual aversion to anything Halloween (bah, humbug, it isn't a tradition in Britain) I wrote. We were only given an hour but the story flowed fairly steadily onto my screen and afterwards I finished it off, tidied it up and decided to post it. It's only just over a thousand words long, so I've just posted it in Flash Fiction. I hope that's okay.

B x

An hour...? Grrr. Spooky, and perfect!