Going for the Gold by Cole Parker

Rutabaga

• 2 weeks later...

Cole wraps up this lovely story and, as usual, it begs for a sequel.  Sigh.  Little chance of that, right Cole?  I'll have to be content with this one. 
I so like to read about thoughtful boys.  This story could be a handbook for young gay guys on how to set standards for oneself and then work it out.

19 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Thanks, guys.  I had another short written, but have decided it needs more.  I don't want unhappy readers asking what comes next more than usual.  It may take awhile.

C

Umm.. a short story in the same world as 'Going for Gold, or just another, merely excellent, short story?

Well, I wouldn't characterize it that way—merely excellent.  When I started I had something in mind and was able to put in on paper (see?  You can easily see how old I am;  putting it on paper?  Really?) but realized that while it satisfied me, it wouldn't most other people.  It's a story from several POVs (Colin doesn't like stories like that, but a bunch of them are getting published) and I'd worked the relationship between the two antagonists out perfectly, uh, excellently, but realized while it worked for them, it left the readers hanging.  So I'm plowing forward with another voice.  Hope I can make it work.  I got a decent start on it today.

And Camy?  Get off your ass and write!  You do a marvelous job, and your writing here is terribly missed.

C

C

2 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Well, I wouldn't characterize it that way—merely excellent.  When I started I had something in mind and was able to put in on paper (see?  You can easily see how old I am;  putting it on paper?  Really?) but realized that while it satisfied me, it wouldn't most other people.  It's a story from several POVs (Colin doesn't like stories like that, but a bunch of them are getting published) and I'd worked the relationship between the two antagonists out perfectly, uh, excellently, but realized while it worked for them, it left the readers hanging.  So I'm plowing forward with another voice.  Hope I can make it work.  I got a decent start on it today.

And Camy?  Get off your ass and write!  You do a marvelous job, and your writing here is terribly missed.

C

I definitely second Cole on the part he wrote that I highlighted in red above!

Colin  :icon_geek: