I'll kiss you in the rain by William King

Oliver

Started today with the first fifteen chapters and it got me sucked into it.

Mixed feelings about Alex, and I feel sorry for the sweet Matty.

That, together with the supsense about things happening around school, you've got yourself a pageturner to read and read.

I like it, despite the fact that after finishing the last available chapter, the calendar will now decide when I am going to turn the next page. 

🙂

Thank you, William!

He does have the full 19 chapters posted elsewhere, so there's no need to suffer withdrawal symptoms. I'm not sure of the protocol about posting other websites here so I'm opting to take the safe approach.

1 hour ago, Oliver said:

the calendar will now decide when I am going to turn the next page. 

It's getting posted twice weekly so not too long to wait for chapters. The edition posted here has been tidied up a bit from when it first got published. I'm really pleased you like it (its the first book I wrote). There is a sequel to look forward to. That too is published elsewhere, but I found someone to edit for me (thanks @Pedro, I know you hate taking any credit) and we're working through a second edition, which will be a better read when it's published here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Although this title looks awfully familiar, I am pretty sure I had not read this before.  I am sure I would have remembered the story.  I must be confusing the title with something else.

This all began because I was going to read the recently-posted "Time May Change Me."  I discovered that "Kiss" came first in the series, so thought I had better hit that one first.  I have now completed it.

I appreciate the fact that things are not treated in cliché, melodramatic fashion.  It seemed like the emotional conflicts were more genuine and true to life.  And it was gratifying to discover that several characters who seemed like total asses turned out not to be after all.

Now I can start on my original intended story, "Time May Change Me."

R

It has been more than two years since I poked my head in here. It was over five years ago when this first story, I'll Kiss You in the Rain, was born. Originally, simply one chapter which developed into a book and later got revised and tidied up. As @Rutabaga mentions (and thank you for your kind remarks and comments on the story), this is the first book of a series, the sequel (recently published here - a second edition, changed a little and edited by @Pedro - special thanks to him for all the work he put in) being, Time May Change Me.

I was asked, a long time ago, to come up with a series title, seeing as each book is a stolen title from a Bowie song, it seemed appropriate to title the series Absolute Beginners. There has always been a third book in this collection, titled - A Sense of Doubt (Mike has it and if you ask him nicely it might get published here). The third book (not edited, so you will have to excuse typos and errors, I did not want to prevail again on young Mr Pedro - we are all young at heart!) is a short book, because the chapters had been sitting on my computer for a few years. They tend to say in the artistic world, "he took a break," which is vaguely true, I stopped writing. I have not found the courage to pick things back up, but decided to bring the third book to a conclusion and publish it. 

This seemed due to my readers, indeed it was requested, and very remiss of me to ignore everyone, my only excuse is that real life happened to get in the way. Now despite what it says on another site where this third book is currently being published, it is not the "final volume." It is, however, a good place to leave things (for now) and an answer to some, if not all, of the questions left at the end of book two.

In a perfect world, I would be able to pick up the story (God knows with this health crisis I should have the time) and write the fourth book, which was always planned. I must be honest and tell you that despite my love of these characters and the (to me) interesting inter-relationships, which are a little more complex than boy meets boy, I am not sure at all about a fourth book.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the saga as it stands, and you wont, I think, be disappointed with any incomplete ending, only perhaps wanting a little more of their lives, which if you do would be a huge accolade for me as a writer.

William King (would be author, confined by a curfew and awaiting, like everyone, by the grace of God, a recovery to some kind of normal life). Happy reading!

Absolute Beginners 

I'll Kiss You in the Rain - book one

Time May Change Me  - book two

Sense of Doubt - book three.