Life Can Be Lonely by Colin Kelly

9 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

... Everything about this continues to seem quite surreal.

Yep, I'd most definitely concur. It's difficult to critique an unfinished piece and I kind of regret some of the snarky comments I've left. Still, 'quite surreal' does some it up well.

I have a feeling that 'The Dream Weaver' is important... but what do I know?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cole Parker said:

Patience and trust.  That's what's needed here.  Patience and trust.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

C

Well, Vladimir-Cole, what say you? Should we title the piece 'Waiting for Colin.'?

My feet are sore and it's too muddy for comfort.

We old geezers with little enough to do besides worry that arthritis will seize up our mouse fingers tend to forget the stresses and strains of the workaday world.  I'm all for giving Colin a little slack. Personally, I'm enjoying "Life Can Be Lonely" as a very long leadup to Hallowe'en.

3 hours ago, Merkin said:

We old geezers with little enough to do besides worry that arthritis will seize up our mouse fingers tend to forget the stresses and strains of the workaday world.  I'm all for giving Colin a little slack. Personally, I'm enjoying "Life Can Be Lonely" as a very long leadup to Hallowe'en.

Now I've learnt block scheduling I won't have an excuse to miss All Hallows' Eve... though still confused if it's on an A or a Bidet. Pooch is not so sure; he's sitting in the garden howling at the lack of pumpkin.

Rock on chapter 20!

The power must be back because I see Chapter 20 now.

Apparently PG&E has plans to cut power to a big swath of customers due to fire concerns  Evidently Kevin (in the story) is not affected by these   

Now we in the peanut gallery must ruminate on what’s going on that will generate such big news  

R

55 minutes ago, Rutabaga said:

The power must be back because I see Chapter 20 now.

Apparently PG&E has plans to cut power to a big swath of customers due to fire concerns  Evidently Kevin (in the story) is not affected by these   

Now we in the peanut gallery must ruminate on what’s going on that will generate such big news  

R

You see a placeholder which, by the miracle of php, defaults to chapter 2.

It's made UK headlines. There are '800,000 homes cut off, angering residents.' I'm not surprised!

8 hours ago, Camy said:

You see a placeholder which, by the miracle of php, defaults to chapter 2.

It's made UK headlines. There are '800,000 homes cut off, angering residents.' I'm not surprised!

PG&E is supposed to be the largest electric and natural gas utilities in the USA. And the worst run (my personal opinion, shared by several million others, I suppose).

Ah ha ha! I knew it!

Connie's food contains subtle amounts of a rare Californian hallucinogen. Kevin, eating daily (as you do), has succumbed and is completely barking.

I am a figment of his, and your, imagination. As predicted in the unwritten, and hugely troubling, third part of 'The Dream Weaver,' that lurks deep, deep within Kevin's slush pile.

Word.... Or not. After all, it was April 1st... April fool!

Remember: nothing exists. We are all figments of our imagination.

You will wake feeling happy, refreshed, and yearning for next Wednesday when it will probably be April 3rd, no matter when it is. Closer to the end of days (one of Arnie's better films).

On 10/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, Merkin said:

You'll need a new merkin come the end.

I'm having my beak polished in antici...

...pation.

The story never would have had a happier outcome than this, in my opinion.  Kevin had to be strong to mentally survive the devastation of his underpinnings at such a young age.   After the fact of that, his entire focus was trying to move ahead in an orderly, systematic way.  At that, Kevin more than succeeded.  He was able to compartmentalize his life, schedule it, list his priorities, and put everything in a proper place.  He was able to move forward.  How many of us could do that as well, given his situation?  Very, very remarkable.

Now he'll move on, with his ducks in a row.  The sky's the limit for him.

Good story!

C

2 hours ago, Camy said:

Merkin, you will recover. Remember: breathe in... breathe out.... :w00t:

Alex observed Kevin doing that and called him on it!

Colin  :icon_geek:

1 hour ago, Rutabaga said:

If history is any guide, the four Russians will be dead within days (before they can spill any beans) regardless of where they are being held. 

R

Right... I see where you're going. It's obvious when you point it out. Offing the Russians might be the only way Kevin can get true closure.

Sequel!

I disagree (I have a license to do that — and the right — because I'm the author). Closure will come when Kevin finds out there is going to be a trial — or, a series of trials — and learns of the results, negative for the Russians, positive for him.

Colin  :icon_geek: