The Easter Bunny by Pedro

Camy

1 hour ago, Nigel Gordon said:

I think my first priority is chapter 8, then qualifying in Spa. I hope chapter 8 is up to Pedro's normal standard, otherwise I know a couple of F1 team members who are going to be upset. I recommended it to them.

No pressure there then!  I hope they don’t get distracted by the story and make a mess of qualifying.

4 hours ago, Camy said:

I'm rather sweet on mother - a terminator in tweeds. 

“No, dear! Not tweeds,” says Mother.”They would never do. Tweeds are for people that live in the country and spend their time riding around on horses or shooting at unsuspecting birds.”

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

No pressure there then!  I hope they don’t get distracted by the story and make a mess of qualifying.

Not much risk of that, they both work in telemetry, I don't think the teams let them near the cars.

Leaving aside the F2 tragedy, chapter 8 was as good as the F1 race at Spa, which was stellar. Leclerc is the business! Cute, too.

Patrick's house is filling up, Scott is in BIG trouble, and Mother is reminding me more and more of Miss Marple.

Two computers for the price of one? I need Mike's number.

5 hours ago, Camy said:

Two computers for the price of one? I need Mike's number.

You wouldn’t be so keen if he over-charged you the same way he did for the one he invoiced George’s company. That’s why Patrick was going to let Bert sign off the invoice and not do it himself. Plausible deniability and all that. 

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

You wouldn’t be so keen if he over-charged you the same way he did for the one he invoiced George’s company. That’s why Patrick was going to let Bert sign off the invoice and not do it himself. Plausible deniability and all that. 

You have a point. I'll bet he sells expensive unwanted post-warranty insurance, too.

Wow! Considering the milieu, that was an action packed chapter!

Mister Bad's been nicked--an excellent result--and there's possible (unexpected) redemption for Scott. I guess we'll find out on Saturday. My only wee moan is that Mother didn't appear.

39 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Although she was in mufti, Mother’s tweed wearing rival was there instead, still licking her lips at the memory of her breakfast fry-up.

As, being a shareholder, she should. That I blanched at her description is neither here, nor there. I liked the knife on the table moment, too.

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Will Mother have the last word?  Time (next Saturday) will tell.

Don't care if it's not the last word, provided there are a few words - which, I'm hopeful, there will be.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Camy said:

Pedro! All in all that was a rather lovely novel, and one I'll be reading again.

Many thanks.

Aaw. (blushes).

I’m pleased that it hit the spot for you and flattered that you should want to put it on the re-read shelf of your bookcase.

• 11 months later...

I agree about re-reading: I read this first a month or so ago, and then came back to it last night. Even though I knew where the story was going this time, I still enjoyed the development of the plot and character relationships, and the comeuppance for the villain. I'm not sure how a sequel could be arranged, but more of Patrick and his friends would be very welcome.

Greeting Wandering Pom.

Thank you for commenting. You must think it ok if you have read it twice in a couple of months!

As for a sequel, I’m not sure that Patrick and his boys don’t just settle down into an uneventful domesticity. Maybe Mother has an adventure or Diana has to sharpen the knife of hers again neither of which would be suitable material for the gentle, sensitive souls who visit here!

I’m sure Patrick & co. would welcome uneventful (and hopefully blissful) domesticity after all they’ve been through, especially Doug and Mike. I certainly wouldn’t wish another such adventure on them! I shall just try to imagine them carrying on their lives and coping with visitations from Mother...