Tuscany

vwl

Thanks for the recommendation, I went there and read it.

Wow! A great short story, so full of love it almost made me cry. I'm such a sucker for romance and that was very romantic! He's a great writer (I wrote and told him so).

After writing above comment and getting his account info/story list on Nifty, I randomly checked out another short story (I think possibly he only writes short stories, there are so many). Anyhow I read Beggars and Angels, it is (apart from changing countries and scenario) the same story, but much shorter. 

I'm guessing this story, Tuscany, either has its roots in Beggars and Angels (posted January 2019) or it's a recurring theme.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved it, and frankly, the rest too. I'm binge reading them, easy enough to do during COVID isolation. I noticed the wording is a bit 'different' and emailed the author. English is not his first language, nor even his second, but he writes in it because English is so nearly universal. 

The locations he writes about, and the sailing details he incorporates, are from personal experience, although obviously not the recounts of distant yesteryear. All in all, I get the impression of a deeply intelligent man who loves sailing, the sea, nature, and men, not necessarily in that order. 

I can recommend his latest: And Time Stood Still https://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/incest/and-time-stood-still

There are picture albums to accompany these stories and he will gladly send them to you. Apparently he is Italian and was brought up speaking a regional language: Venetian (vèneto).

Venetian is a Romance language spoken by about 2 million people mainly in Venice and the surrounding area, and also in Trieste, Croatia, Slovenia, Mexico and Brazil. The language is more closely related to French and Spanish than it is to Italian.

He also learnt English, French, and of course, Italian. An avid sailor who as cruised the world.