Non-response creates a void and speculation.

I was on the Gay Authors forum and read a question from a new author there. The author John Lloyd seems to have been an AwesomeDude regular contributor. I see you here on the forum so I was wondering how come this guy didn't get any reply to his emails? Now everyone reading this will think you have been struck down with the virus. I hope that is not the case.

I have published over 15 novels, novellas and short stories on awesomedude.com. I am no longer receiving response to my emails from the site owner so I presume the owner  has been negatively affected by COVID 19.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:15 PM, Talo Segura said:

I was on the Gay Authors forum and read a question from a new author there. The author John Lloyd seems to have been an AwesomeDude regular contributor. I see you here on the forum so I was wondering how come this guy didn't get any reply to his emails? Now everyone reading this will think you have been struck down with the virus. I hope that is not the case.

I have published over 15 novels, novellas and short stories on awesomedude.com. I am no longer receiving response to my emails from the site owner so I presume the owner  has been negatively affected by COVID 19.

Did you respond to the post to prevent further speculation? If not, why not?

No, I didn't respond to the post on GA because I do not know why the author is not getting replies to his emails. I would be adding to the speculation. Besides, it looked to me like the author was pissed at being ignored. I posted a copy of the thread here so that it gets sorted between author and site owner. Rectify the speculation, sort out the problem, and check the author's / site owner's email addresses are working. 

5 hours ago, Alien Son said:

Did you respond to the post to prevent further speculation? If not, why not?

Rather than say anything publicly, I did send a PM to the person in question, saying that the AD site appeared to be functioning normally and there was no indication of the owner being ill. Interestingly (perhaps) I have had no response to that message.

18 hours ago, Talo Segura said:

No, I didn't respond to the post on GA because I do not know why the author is not getting replies to his emails. I would be adding to the speculation. Besides, it looked to me like the author was pissed at being ignored. I posted a copy of the thread here so that it gets sorted between author and site owner. Rectify the speculation, sort out the problem, and check the author's / site owner's email addresses are working. 

Why the author was not getting replies shouldn't have prevented you from responding to his post. You obviously knew Mike was OK -- not least because he's currently posting a story of yours. You could have simply responded that you knew Mike was alive and well. That would not add to speculation.

Yes, Mike is posting my story, but I have no idea how the site operates. Is it one person or a team? Really I don't know his situation and saying everything is okay when millions of people in America are getting sick... well I would feel terrible if I said everything was okay without being certain. Which is why I started this thread so he could read and respond.

Sometimes email does not work. Someone sends you an email, you don't get it, maybe it goes in your SPAM you never look there. So cruising the net I saw someone got no reply to their emails, I flagged it. If you never went to the GA site, all the emails were going to SPAM or you just forgot to answer, you would never know if someone doesn't tell you. 

That's the point of the thread. It does raise other issues, but those are as you say not my business in every sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Aha... just read this thread... didn't know John LLoyd had emailed me.  Will contact him today.  He certainly knows  my email address dude@awesomedude.com.  

I met John last year when he was visiting Palm Springs.  He also has my telephone number and he can always post on the AD Forums  to contact me if all else fails.

Yes, I've been busy but have received no contact from him lately. 

Hmmmm

Mike