Living with Johnny by Nigel Gordon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that was exciting.  Wonder if we'll find out what kind of nefarious activities Beryl and Mayers were mixed up with?

Johnny's life is in danger, and I hope he has stashed his physical evidence (after making backups of everything) in an extremely secure location.  Same thing with the surveillance videos retrieved from Beryl's residence.  

R

On 3/17/2021 at 7:21 PM, Rutabaga said:

Has the number of characters in this story broken into the triple digits yet?  Seems like it must have by now.

R

Yes, just. The total number of characters in book one is 105.

• 3 weeks later...

12 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

When might we see the next segment of this?  Should we bang our silverware on the table?  Inquiring minds want to know!

R

I have told my editor that I will be letting him have copy to start work on during the first week of August, so given how long I expect the editing to take, based on the first book, I think you are looking at Christmas to see book two coming out. At the moment I am about half-way through writing chapter 37. That should mean I am about half-way through the story. Unfortunately, I only seem to be about a third of the way. So it is either going to be a lot longer than expected or I am going to have to speed things up.

• 1 month later...

Spoiler

So we await the next chapters to find out such things as . . .

1. What happened to Trevor after he attempted to hang himself?
  2. What is the full extent and nature of Die Vereinigung?
  3. What was Beryl doing with her frequent trips to Brazil or Argentina?
  4. Why did she have a file folder with the name of the accused ex-Nazi in her floor safe?
  5. How on earth did she end up with all those gold bars?
  6. Who ordered the detective agency to follow Mike and Johnny around?
  7. Is it Stan and Flora or Jack and Flora?  Phil's dad's name seems to keep changing.
  8. Is it Mike Carlton or Mike Clayton?  Leni or Liam?  Arthur or Austin?
  9. What else will Miss Jenkins learn from the server that Johnny purloined from his mother's residence?
  10. What is the tie-in between the Argentinians and the Hendersons?
  11. Just how corrupt is the local police force and the administration of the local college Anne and Johnny have been attending?
  12. Who was Master James and what was his connection with Mayers and Beryl Smith?
  13. Who were the two men arrested, presumably as the suspects in Beryl's murder?
  14. Will Peter Braylow be charged with anything relating to his sexual activities with boys?
  15. Will Phil succeed in having his juvenile conviction quashed?  Will there be consequences for the police officer who suppressed evidence?
  16. What was the aftermath of Bernard's surgery? 

Inquiring minds want to know.

R

Rutabaga, about half of those are answered in book 2, the rest you will have to wait for book 3.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, Rutabaga said:

Just checking in again @Nigel Gordon to encourage you to keep moving forward on this tale.   The peanut gallery wants to see the good guys prevail and the bad guys get their just deserts. 

R

I am still working on things. Had a bit of a technical hitch which prevented me from being able to write for a few weeks, but I am still working on Being Johnny. Now on the final stretch. Book 2 ends at Halloween and I am now writing about July so I only have three months more to cover. Though a lot can happen in three months, especially with Johnny's family.

• 3 months later...

I e-mailed you a while back after I'd completed my second read of "Living with Johnny" and I'm patiently awaiting the release of "Being Johnny". I'm anticipating a third read of "Living..." before starting on "Being..." so a "heads-up" on it's impending release would be most appreciated so I might time the completion of the former with the release of the latter. Many thanks for all your great reads. They've filled a great many hours of my idle time with wonderful adventures.

Gerry, 

Being Johnny is currently with the editor and proofreader. The second draft of Being Johnny is finished, all 61 chapters, it has also all undergone and initial edit. At the moment I have four chapters in the finished folder, six more in the nearly finished folder and have just sent a further five to the final editor. Hope to have something ready for publication around Christmas or early next year. It is just a question of how the editing process works out.

Nigel