a Blonde and a Alligator

A young blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted to take home a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way.... but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking for the highly prized shoes. After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle on prices" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Well then, maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a decent price!" The shopkeeper said with a sly, knowing smile, "Little lady, y'all just go and give it a try, why don'cha?!" The blonde turned on her heel and headed out toward the swamps, determined to catch an alligator.

Later in the day, as the shopkeeper is driving home, he pulls over to the side of the levee where he spots that same young woman standing waist deep in the murky bayou water, shotgun in hand. Just then, he spots a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her. With lightning speed, she takes aim, kills the creature . . . and, with a great deal of effort, hauls it onto the slimy swamp bank.

Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures? The shopkeeper stands on the bank and watches this scenario in amazed silence. Just then, the blonde struggles and flips the gator on its back. Then, rolling her eyes heavenward and screaming in great frustration, she shouts out, "Oh no this one is barefoot, too!"

• 10 years later...

Allow me to say, Chris, that I've learned from my blond daughter that there is no such thing as being unfair to blonds. Recent decisions in her life prove that out. But more than that, if you want to hear great blond jokes, my daughter is the one to see, she knows them all, I think. LOL