I've fallen for an Aussie!

I'm not really a "dog person". Messy, smelly things dogs are. They make my cat hiss. :wav:

However, the Aussie Shepherd from across the street is about the coolest dog that I've ever seen. This isn't him in the picture below- just a represenative of the breed. Nipper is black, white and brown and a little bigger than is average for the breed. He's an real athlete; muscular but agile able to change direction in mid air to catch a frisbee.

aussie-shep.jpg

Nipper is so smart, it's kinda scary. He's a very handsome animal with boundless energy that wants to run and play all the time. :dog:

If I dare show up without a frisbee, he herds me around the yard with nips and nudges. He plays a little rough, makes me feel a little bit like a human chew toy but thankfully he pulls his bites.

He belongs to a family that doesn't pay much attention to him. Their loss. He's a great dog.

I wish people would remember that those cute puppies grow up to be dogs that need attention too. This kind of dog thrives on attention and, without it, they get in trouble.

Not that Aussie Shepherds are BAD dogs- that's NOT the case! They are just too smart to leave to their own devices to amuse themselves. They'll herd the wrong person or play too roughly with someone.

They are great dogs, just play with them! They need the attention and the exercise will do you good.

:geek: the :cat: is not speaking to me

Hey, James, I know Aussies and Border Collies VERY well. Most of what you say is very true of them, they are almost scarily smart and can be destructive if left alone without chores to do. I've been dogless now for three years and still dream CONSTANTLY of Reba Rose, my last Border Collie. She was almost all black and rather small, she was my dog soul-mate, we thought together and I can hardly stand living without her. Aussies and Border Collies are virtually the same breed and neither are bred for looks the way many dogs are, they are bred for BRAINS and it shows, they're incredibly smart and fun to live with. I keep thinking I can get another puppy but haven't been flush enough to afford a one...plus, I dunno, I'm still sad. When my other Border Collie died, I had Reba five days later and maybe that's the best way to go, you sort of abort your grieving and focus on the new dog.

Anyway, cheers for meeting up with the best kind of dog in the world...

Kisses...

TR

P.S. If you want to steal Nipper and bring him to me, he won't be sorry!

I'm definitely a dog person. Cats are generally poseurs, in my experience...they'd like you to think that they could get on quite well without you, when the truth is that if we didn't feed 'em, they'd curl up and die.

Dogs, on the other hand, wear their hearts on their sleeves. No pretense of aloofness, no covert agendas...they love their people, and aren't afraid to let it show. I currently live with three mini daschunds, and i wouldn't trade 'em for anything. William, Charlotte and Medea are the best buddies a guy could ask for.

cheers!

aj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This evening my friend Nipper (the Aussie shepherd from across the street) came prancing up to me with a present: He was carrying a bottle of Crown Royal in one of those cool little blue bags that they come in in his teeth. He put it down at my feet and said woof. :dog:

crownbig.jpg

While I appreciate the sentiment, I returned the Crown his owner. It had been sitting on his patio where they were grilling some chicken when Nipper grabbed it and ran.

I got some chicken for my trouble. :D

So far he's brought me sticks, frisbees, tennis balls, a hair brush and now a bottle of Crown.

That's a good doggie!

Guest rusticmonk86

FUCK YEAH!! I wish my dog would deliver Crown Royal.

I love dogs, too. Well, I like all animals. But the cannidae is a very fine species.

I have a German Sheppard/Black Lab/Rottweiler. His name is Franky and he's very friendly.

I also have a calico named "L" who keeps me company as well.

FUCK YEAH!! I wish my dog would deliver Crown Royal.

I love dogs' date=' too. Well, I like all animals. But the cannidae is a very fine species.

I have a German Sheppard/Black Lab/Rottweiler. His name is Franky and he's very friendly.

I also have a calico named "L" who keeps me company as well.[/quote']

Gosh....German shephed? Isn't that kind of dog....big?

wow. I like small dogs though :) Like mine right now. How to attach pics into this message anyway? Or am too stupid to find out? (PLEASE don't answer that one :D )

I wanna attach pics of my dog. the name's Mopi.

cheers!

Rad

[/img]

Rad, in order to post an image, it needs to be on the web somewhere. That can be on the web space that usually comes with an online account, or from an image hosting service.

You simply put the web address (URL) of the photo of Mopi inside the BBCode image tag, like that below, but without any spaces inside the square brackets [ ].

[ img ]http://www.example.com/~username/images/my-pet.jpg[ /img ]

Rad, in order to post an image, it needs to be on the web somewhere. That can be on the web space that usually comes with an online account, or from an image hosting service.

You simply put the web address (URL) of the photo of Mopi inside the BBCode image tag, like that below, but without any spaces inside the square brackets [ ].

[ img ]http://www.example.com/~username/images/my-pet.jpg[ /img ]

Oh darn....Idon't think I'll be posting image in the near future :(

Happy weekend everybody! :D

Cheers!

Rad

Rad, if there's a third-party source you use, like PhotoBucket or some other service, you can use that instead.

Also, a friend suggested that if you put it in your Yahoo Briefcase, if you have Yahoo, you can upload it from there. (Cool suggestion, and I'm a dufus for not thinking of it, lol.)

Chances are good that you can upload that image of Mopi somewhere and then put it here.

Anyway, have a good weekend, and scratch Mopi behind the ears!

nipper.jpg

This is Nipper waiting for me to throw him something to chase.

time2bebrushed.jpg

Nipper likes to be brushed. In fact, he brings his own brush.

BTW- I use photobucket