The Scrolls of Icaria

Really liked the last chapter. The finding of another angel whos nothing like the others(aleast his state of mind right now) and the more Charles annoys me the more I love him, I guess I'm just sick like that :D

I can't wait for the next chapter and some of the back round being told.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry that I can't read everybody at once.

The Scrolls has finally made it up the list and I'm hooked!

I can see this is going to be one of those stories I check on everday.

Wish I'd find an angel in my yard. I'd treat him lots better than the lout from chapter 1.

;-)

• 1 year later...

WOW! This story is really heating up.

If you have fallen behind reading it, now would be a good time to catch up.

Things are coming to a boil!

Thanks for a GREAT story Jamie.

:geek: :wink:

Jamie,

It is always a pleasure to see a new chapter posted...I can certainly understand the experiments of Pavlov. LOL I just wish your chapters came out more frequently...yes, it's a good addiction though. Although it just gives me more time to stay current with all of the other writers here at AD.

I have one serious request though. A Map. I have tried to lay one down but without reading all of the way through again I don't remember enough to make it accurate. It would make it easier to understand all of the movement that is now taking place.

I wouldn't mind helping out either.

What do you think?

Nevius

Jamie,

It is always a pleasure to see a new chapter posted...I can certainly understand the experiments of Pavlov.  LOL   I just wish your chapters came out more frequently...yes, it's a good addiction though.   Although it just gives me more time to stay current with all of the other writers here at AD.

I have one serious request though.   A Map.  I have tried to lay one down but without reading all of the way through again I don't remember enough to make it accurate.   It would make it easier to understand all of the movement that is now taking place.

I wouldn't mind helping out either.

What do you think?

Nevius

Funny you should bring this up. The map is something that has been brought up in discussion at The Talon House. I set up an unofficial story discussion forum where fans could discuss this story in an open forum without revealing spoilers to new readers here.

The discussion begins with book 2 and there have been some interesting things posted. Jamie assures me that he stops in periodically to see what we're upto.

The discussion is open to anyone so you joining The House is optional.

http://thetalon.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3558

Wow!

I love SciFi and Fantasy, writers like Raymond Feist, JRT, Brooks, Heinlein, Pratchett and the most English of writers John Wyndham. So to come across what looks like a fantastic story is ... peachy to say the least.

I'm off to read chapter 1!

Camy

• 2 weeks later...

Peachy indeed. And now I have another favorite character... never thought I'd find myself infatuated with The Angel of Death but under the skillful story crafting of Jamie... it has happened.

Another excellent chapter, Jamie!

• 1 month later...

Now that chapter 12 is up, you all get to meet one of my favorite characters in the story so far...Charlie. If you haven't read the chapter so far, never fear: no spoilers from me. But, I am sitting here wondering...Why haven't you read it yet? Get Busy! lol

I'm currently working on Interludes 5, which I think you're all going to like very much. More from our favorite - and rather inept - spy, the coolest gladiator ever, the lowest snake to ever slither out from under a rock, and a blast from the past. Yup, yup...lots o' fun.

cheers!

aj

I've read this one and Jamie and I have had our discussion on this one. You also might find this interesting.

Also, I'm posting the information about the Orbs at The House, with Jamies permission of course. If you haven't seen this information, you might find it interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
More from our favorite - and rather inept - spy, the coolest gladiator ever, the lowest snake to ever slither out from under a rock, and a blast from the past. Yup, yup...lots o' fun.

cheers!

aj

Now that we've seen our favorite spy, Seth. And those Snakes in the Grass, Hippolito and Abbott Gude and the unholy alliance they've formed. As for the gladiator Miro, he's moved up in my list of favorite characters for some odd reason. (I wonder if it has anything to do with his nickname?)

Oh, and AJ, I'll meet you in the Circle in a couple of weeks. :icon_geek:

Jan

• 1 month later...

And so we move on into the second section of volume 2, The Scrolls of Icaria. I think you'll find this section quite a departure from what has gone before...but equally compelling and interesting. No, I will not tell you what it's about...go read it yourself on Saturday! But I'll eat my hat if it doesn't grab you and hold you there until you're done reading! The level of my enjoyment of a story is marked by how much time I spend daydreaming and thinking about the characters in the story...and I have to say, I spend a lot time thinking about Jamie and the crew, wondering what will happen next.

cheers!

aj

• 1 year later...

UPDATE

In case you've been wondering, T.S.O.I. is not dead. According to Jamie, chapter 23 has gone thru the first edit. Jamie is continuing to write and is working on future chapters. He plans to get several chapters done before resuming his posting schedule.

Jamie will be finishing school in May. He may also stay and teach in the first summer session before he returns home.

Now for a bit of a challenge. In book 1, he is mentioned a few times. Then in book 2 he resurfaces. Who is Jonas?

Jan

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE

In case you've been wondering, T.S.O.I. is not dead. According to Jamie, chapter 23 has gone thru the first edit. Jamie is continuing to write and is working on future chapters. He plans to get several chapters done before resuming his posting schedule.

Jamie will be finishing school in May. He may also stay and teach in the first summer session before he returns home.

Jan

:hiya::hiya:

So in two years time this is my second reply. Thanks for the wellcome guys (Codey, blue, TalonRider and AJ) :hug: . Maybe I'll be back faster this time. :wave:

:wav:

The :icon11::angel3[1]: are coming back. What a relief. The hiatus-marking has been very frustraing.

It would be fun to have the next chapter published immediately but I would then be frustrated for not knowing when next chapter would come along. So I'll go back to Tardon and start to read the whole epic one more time.

Ratatosk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know when the latest chapter is going to be posted. Since I don't really want to re-read it and then wait another month+ for the next chapter (otherwise I'll probably lose track again...)

When I made the post in March, Jamie didn't really have a timeline set. I think he's planning to get enough chapters done ahead of time to begin posting again sometime in 2008.

Does anyone know when the latest chapter is going to be posted. Since I don't really want to re-read it and then wait another month+ for the next chapter (otherwise I'll probably lose track again...)

TalonRider, in your March post, you mentioned that Chapter 23 would soon be posted.

However, AwesomeDude's TSOI shows Chapter 21 as the last. What happened to Chapter 22?

This is what I said:

Jamie, and AJ, put each chapter thru the edit process several times. He made no mention as to the status of chapter 22.

Depending upon what he does, I'm sure he plans to a lot of writing when he turns home this summer before he starts his new job in the fall.

He wants to have several chapters done before he starts posting again. He plans to resume his posting schedule of every other week.