The Scrolls of Icaria

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been several months since I've heard from Jamie. He suddenly had the opportunity to get involved with some programs at the University where he teaches and studies. It involves, I believe, multiple degrees at the doctorate level.

The story is far from dead as every detail is in Jamie's head and writing it is a major project in his life as is his eduction and teaching. Much as I would like to say that he'll be resuming T.S.O.I soon, I believe the end of this year is a more likely time to expect Jamie to be in a position to resume.

That's the best information I have and is based on discussions with Jamie several months ago.

Update:

Chapter 22 is currently finished and 'in the can,' as is chapter 23. Jamie has the first edit of chapter 24, and is looking it over while on a teaching-out-of-town trip. I expect that I will hear from him fairly soon about it.

Overall, the plan is to get several chapters ahead...about a six-month cushion...before we start posting again. At two chapters a month, that means we need a minimum of 12 chapters prepped and ready before we even consider going ahead with posting. Jamie continues to write and I continue to edit, so this will happen before too terribly much longer, but we'll have better information on a timeline once we get a little further into the process.

Thanks to all of you for your continued interest in the tale...we hope we can provide some more good reading soon.

cheers!

aj

Thanks for jumping in with that info, AJ. Indeed, an epic novel like The Scrolls of Icaria is not done casually on a week to week basis.

Based on the timetable Jamie gave me - and given the necessary edit and buffer times, I have been expecting to see a steady flow of the story to its conclusion beginning towards the end of the year.

What a wonderful Christmas present that would be... !

So that's where my editor has been hiding. Glad to hear there is forward progress in the Scrolls. Can't wait to see it.

We editors can be a busy lot sometimes. I spent the better part of two weeks doing some clean up of 34 chapters for a new author I'm working with. Another six days with another author and he just sent me three more chapters.

We editors can be a busy lot sometimes. I spent the better part of two weeks doing some clean up of 34 chapters for a new author I'm working with. Another six days with another author and he just sent me three more chapters.

That's why I didn't ask him how my chapters were coming. Some things do take presidence. :wink:

Or, he just plain forgot....... :sad:

• 5 months later...

To bring this back on track.

This weekend, I've had a couple of emails and a chat with Jamie. :sad: Chapter 22 of Book 2 is coming soon. I know when, but I'm it leaving at that. :smile:

It will be hard to do, but Jamie is suggesting holding off on reading until chapter 26 is posted. 22 thru 26 tie in together and are best read as a group.

I am planning on announcing in this week's News & Views that, indeed, The Scrolls Of Icaria will resume publication on Valentines Day, February 14th!

But since you brought it up here... I'll do it. Running hours behind on my weekend schedule. Watch for more details on News & Views to be posted sometime in the next 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Chapter 28 was recently posted and as usual, Jamie has published another winner! I love the textures that can create between all the characters, their locations and especially their mind sets.

From the last page of this chapter:

A star-like pattern ? moonlight streaming through the windows ? danced across his ceiling, and for some time before nodding off to sleep he stared at it with the eyes that his father had given him.

By now tho, we know where the blue eyes came from. Earlier, when the DNA samples from the tomb of Jacque de Valen was brought to the villa, we were introduced to a mysterious blue eyed woman.

I think we now know why Jamie picked Nic early on. It was demonstrated in the arena. Nic won't kill, especially and Icarian, if he doesn't have to and I think that's why Jamie picked him. He felt the love.

Things are starting to move along in this section and there aren't that many chapters left before we move on to the Story of the Baron.

After a little research, this mysterious woman is not so mysterious. Her name is Alana Crosswich.

• 1 month later...

I love this story- very much! I am curious, does anyone know if we are entering another hiatus or if Jamie is just in need of a couple of extra weeks? I understand it takes time to craft a masterpiece, I just want to prepare myself if we are looking at indefinite time period, reading the updates are something I look forward to!

We are definitely NOT entering another hiatus.

Jamie tells me he is several chapters ahead but there is a delay as his editor is currently extremely busy.

As soon as it emerges from the pipeline... we'll be posting Chapter 30.

Jamie normally posts a chapter every three weeks, but we are a bit behind at the moment.

Please be patient.

I love this story- very much! I am curious, does anyone know if we are entering another hiatus or if Jamie is just in need of a couple of extra weeks? I understand it takes time to craft a masterpiece, I just want to prepare myself if we are looking at indefinite time period, reading the updates are something I look forward to!

Hi Mike,

Jamie and AJ Try to deliver on a three week schedule but life sometimes occurs. As is the case at the moment. There is a lot more to come but quality creates it's own demand and sometimes it takes a little longer.

I know it's difficult to wait with a product of this quality. So take flight and hang out with the rest of us.

Birds of a feather, flock together.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the update! Knowing where it stands helps me be patient :)

Someone once told me that you can live through anything if you can see the end of it.

I've found that to be quite true.

"Writing? It's like words that stay."

Jan in "The Dark Crystal"

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. It always is isn't it?

• 3 weeks later...
After the unexpected delay, and I have it on good authority, we can expect to see Chapter 30 October 3rd.

:hehe: WooHoo! :hug: