The Scrolls of Icaria

I finally am up to date on this marvelous story. The detail to architecture and artifacts is mind boggling. I tend to believe Jamie spends as much time writing as researching.

I have to admit that I've never been a big fan of Sci-Fi--though this story has elements of fantasy; however, there are exceptions and this story happens to be one. I can't wait until the next chapter gets posted. But sadly, I'll have to.

A great story, with great characters.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since there's been any comments.

To Steven Keiths:

The detail to architecture and artifacts is mind boggling. I tend to believe Jamie spends as much time writing as researching.

A lot of the architecture and artifacts that Jamie describes, he's actually seem. For some of the buildings he describes, they may be two or more that he combines into one structure.

We've seen that snake Hippolito try to get into Jamie's small clothes only to be foiled by Renaud.

We now know how Renaud came to be in Jamie's service.

We've seen our favorite couple become pa'amore, along with Charlie and Giovanni.

We've now seen Jamie kill.

Part Three, Baron of Rood will be ending soon. Something I'm looking forward to reading is Jamie's performance on the stage that he's had built.

In this last segment of the overall story, I am reminded of a roller coaster going up.

Each chapter adds a tick to the tension. Ever since the beginning of this section, it's been tick, tick, tick as the level of tension, uncertainty and danger grows.

I'm looking forward to going over the top and seeing what happens.

:icon_twisted::icon_cat::cat:

Though we may never know who Charles mate was, I think Jonas was his mate. When Prof. Black brought the de' Valen DNA to Croal, he was introduced to Jonas. Before he could be introduced to the other one he say's, "What's he doing here?" And we never found out who that was. I'm guessing Charles.

There has been speculation that the one Red and Black that was in Croal's office, the day everything went to hell for Jamie, was Charles mate.

My original guess to Jamie was, some kind of generator. The answer I got back was that I was close , and no more.

Alot of things in book one make alot of sense now that I've read what's currently up. Been going over the whole story again (For the umteenth time) and am finding alot of things that made you scratch your head before make sense now. What happened before the stasis and alot of little things that add up to more answers to things you were questioning before. Like the book about the "Screen". Jamie actually wrote it along with putting all the info in his medallion. Things like that and people.

Excellent job!!

I would like to ask a question to the readers of TSOI.

What do you think might have happened to the Trio Chrysalis and other icarians of La Mondele Royale? My guess is they might all have been killed.

Even tho the Trio have been important to Jamie in a lot of ways, I think they are minor characters in the story. If they get caught doing whatever their doing for Jamie, the will surely die. Other than that, I don't think we will know what happens to them.

When Renaud went to Jamie to warn him about Loka, he called Jamie 'saCresmane'. Did Renaud know about the Resistance then?

As we learned about Renaud, being the Emperors personal body guard, he is aware of a lot of things.

Re: The Trio; minor characters--I have a feeling that we will know what happened to them soon enough. While Jamie certainly isn't afraid of killing characters off, should the demands of the story require such a catalyst, he's also shown a propensity for making sure that all of the characters are accounted for. So while we don't know what happened to them (yet, necessarily) it could be that they made it into a stasis coffin but didn't survive, that they made it into a stasis coffin and haven't been found yet, or that they didn't make it into a stasis coffin at all--I think we'd need to go back to the beginning and read over the sections where they find all of the angels to see if we can reason out who might have survived or not.

Re: The Machine--I think it may have something to do with the Barrier.

Re: beta'ing 39--all good things come to those who wait. :-D I can wait. I'll be patient. :-D Good story-telling (such as Scrolls) is worth it.

Re: The Trio; minor characters--I have a feeling that we will know what happened to them soon enough. While Jamie certainly isn't afraid of killing characters off, should the demands of the story require such a catalyst, he's also shown a propensity for making sure that all of the characters are accounted for. So while we don't know what happened to them (yet, necessarily) it could be that they made it into a stasis coffin but didn't survive, that they made it into a stasis coffin and haven't been found yet, or that they didn't make it into a stasis coffin at all--I think we'd need to go back to the beginning and read over the sections where they find all of the angels to see if we can reason out who might have survived or not.

Re: The Machine--I think it may have something to do with the Barrier.

Re: beta'ing 39--all good things come to those who wait. :-D I can wait. I'll be patient. :-D Good story-telling (such as Scrolls) is worth it.

I agree, Jamie has never killed off a character needlessly. There's always been a reason. There are all sorts of scenario's that could happen.

To give everyone an update, chapter 39 has gone back to AJ for the second edit. So it shouldn't be too much longer.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a buffet.

Chapter 39 is up.

A virtuoso chapter--it ranks (in my mind) with the end of the first part. Incredible. Just incredible.

I thought after the birthday celebration there might be a slight decrease in tension--if anything, 'Scrolls' is on a finer knife's edge than it was before.

Just...wow. I, like Castor, am beyond words.