The Scrolls of Icaria

As with Constantine, I am awed by this chapter. This chapter, as with so many of Scrolls of Icaria, emphasizes the incredible merging of so many arts into one amalgam.

Thank you, Jamie, for such a wonderous and moving chapter. I await tremulously for the next chapter!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a sense, the first shot has been fired. Jamie's made his stand and has been planning since that time. Jamie's done the damage that he intended with this performance. Bollini can no longer make money off the move that made Christophe famous. He's shown them that even "the Mice" can be taught complicated moves. Now he's going to have the Prince of Hypernia to contend with again.

As we learned about Renaud, being the Emperors personal body guard, he is aware of a lot of things.

Yes, and he seems to be in favor of it as well. I'm thinking that all hell is going to break loose in the next chapter.

I wanted to mention that I was fairly blown away by chapter 39. It was by far the most technically ambitious chapter Jamie has undertaken to date, and it was handled with precision and grace. My hat's off to him for that accomplishment.

I just finished the first edit of chapter 40 and sent it off to J. It's kind of a shorty, though it has a lot of emotional impact, and my newest 'fave characters,' the Trio, has a solid presence. Like others, I have been wondering (though perhaps unlike others, I'm also worrying) about what will happen to the Trio. I guess we'll all find out together.

cheers!

aj

In discussion at The House, fans have often mentioned their concern for the Trio wondering what their fate was. Were they put into stasis or did they get left behind?

I hope they're still alive, but it would seem that they're not. We'll have to wait and see. If they're alive, where are they?

• 1 month later...

I Can only say this.

"He has a DAMN Sexy Voice! :hehe::wav::whistle::stare::wink::hehe::dry::wave:

• 1 month later...

If I were to speculate, and it would be pure speculation because I don't read the chapters a whole lot before you lot do, and Jamie and I don't confab on IM over the plot like we used to, I'd say that we won't really know what happened to the Trio until we reach the other side of the barrier. I think there's gonna be a lot of stuff over there that's gonna surprise hell outta the churchy types...

AJ

I think it is safe to say you are right.

I seem to have trouble getting the cursor to go below the quote so you'll have to pretend it's at the top.

But I never considered what we would find on the other side of the barrier. More food for thought.

If I were to speculate, and it would be pure speculation because I don't read the chapters a whole lot before you lot do, and Jamie and I don't confab on IM over the plot like we used to, I'd say that we won't really know what happened to the Trio until we reach the other side of the barrier. I think there's gonna be a lot of stuff over there that's gonna surprise hell outta the churchy types...

AJ

At this point, we really don't know a whole lot about what we will find on the other side of the barrier. We do know that humans and Kalorians survived on the northern part of the continent so we can expect to find survivors inside the barrier. But, who is in control?

We do know that the Kalorians were going to try and save as many of the Icarians as possible. As for the Trio, I don't expect to see them. I think they go out fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...perhaps you're right. It would be a stronger story if they did go out fighting, because it would make it less 'happy endings for all,' and we know that that kind of 'everyone survives and lives happily ever after' is not a Jamie trait. I'll have to think more about that.

cheers!

AJ

• 2 months later...

I have finished the third edit on chapter 43... and changed things right up until the very last note. It's a helluva chapter: I defy anyone to read this chapter without a lump in your throat and maybe a tear in your eye.

Really good stuff!

AJ

I have finished the third edit on chapter 43... and changed things right up until the very last note. It's a helluva chapter: I defy anyone to read this chapter without a lump in your throat and maybe a tear in your eye.

Really good stuff!

AJ

It's been thru the beta phase and is ready. There's no maybe about the tears, they will come. :icon_geek:

• 4 months later...

Wow, what to say about this story...

First of all, it is fantastic and if you haven't read it - you should. I had never read a gay themed fantasy novel before and I was so happy to have stumbled across this one. I have really fallen in love with all the characters and I can't wait till some new chapters come out. My favorite chapters are in book two, chapters 15 and up - I think this is the strongest part of the books so far because you get an intimate view of who the main character really is - I think this is when I really fell in love with the book.

Also, I feel like Jamie (the writer) could easily do some spin off books with some of the supporting characters; namely, Renaud. Lots of potential there, I find him to be a really interesting character.

While reading the story, I was compelled to paint a portrait of the main character. Thought it would be fun to share with other readers, so here it is in case anyone wants to look:

http://www.jordanpatchak.com/artwebsite/Bl...e%E2%80%9D.html

Be warned: this story will suck you in and you won't want to leave... Much love and thank you for sharing this beautiful tale with all of us.

Wow, what to say about this story...

First of all, it is fantastic and if you haven't read it - you should. I had never read a gay themed fantasy novel before and I was so happy to have stumbled across this one. I have really fallen in love with all the characters and I can't wait till some new chapters come out. My favorite chapters are in book two, chapters 15 and up - I think this is the strongest part of the books so far because you get an intimate view of who the main character really is - I think this is when I really fell in love with the book.

Also, I feel like Jamie (the writer) could easily do some spin off books with some of the supporting characters; namely, Renaud. Lots of potential there, I find him to be a really interesting character.

While reading the story, I was compelled to paint a portrait of the main character. Thought it would be fun to share with other readers, so here it is in case anyone wants to look:

http://www.jordanpatchak.com/artwebsite/Bl...e%E2%80%9D.html

Be warned: this story will suck you in and you won't want to leave... Much love and thank you for sharing this beautiful tale with all of us.

Renaud? I never really thought about a spin off but You're right, he would be an awesome choice. Charles would be another interesting one to see.

THE END IS NEAR.

Or the Begining!"

SPOILER ALERT!!!! DON'T READ IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE LATEST!!!!

Read it and things add up except for one thing, Castor. I thought by book one and early book 2 that he perished in Jamie's presence. In the last chapter, Castor drops Jamie off and leaves to his fate.

Maybe I missed something. :hug:

Before Book 2, Part 2, Prince of Mondele Royale, Castor is mentioned twice in the story. The first time is in Book 1, Part 4, Chapter 48. The next time is in Book 2, Part 1, Chapter 6. The passages contained within those chapters may be what is confusing you.

I did some searching to find those.