I want to say thank you

I found Awesome Dude a few weeks ago and after reading more than a few of the stories, I found the forum section. Even more than the stories I have enjoyed the variety of topics and all the information the crew at Awesome Dude has made public.

I have no formal schooling behind my name nor did I finish High School. And over the years I have slowly learned from my past mistakes and realized what I should or should not do in regards to how to construct a good story. But I have so much to learn.

In the forum I have found so many answers to some of the questions I have as well as advice that I am already putting to use. After reading so many of the topics and threads, I am grateful for all those writers, editors that offer advice and knowledge in such a laid back and relaxed atmosphere.

So from a beginning writer who has a renewed energy for writing, I say thank you and I hope you continue this informative site that can only help those such as myself.

Jason

Welcome, Jason. Salut et bienvenu. (Hi and welcome.)

Heh, it doesn't matter if you've finished high school or college. Some here are students, and some here are college grads...and some only have a GED (high school diploma equiv.) or never finished college or high school.

What matters is that each of them know something about what makes a story good to read or how to write a good story. Most of that's about sensibility for what makes us human. That, you don't really learn in school.

So welcome.

I agree with Blue. English was my worst subject at school, but that hasn't stopped me from trying to write (admittedly, twenty five years after I finished secondary school -- I'm not counting university because I did NO English related subjects there at all).

Welcome :D

Yes Jason I agree with you. AwesomeDude has both inspired and entertained me. My interest in writing has been rekindled by the people here.

I did not finish high school either.

I agree with blue when he says so clearly:

"...what makes us human. That, you don't really learn in school. "

May I add my thanks and appreciation to all the awesome dudes.

Des.