Sky's the Limit

Chapter 9 is up! :evilgrin: A day late, but hey, it's the Holidays. Actually the delay was caused by yours truly trying to get the great folks here to help with something special on this chapter.

About midway through the Chapter, Jonah is singing a song. TR and company added a button at the beginning of the song to play an MP3 of the original artist doing the actual song. It's SO COOL! :icon11::icon13:

Anyhow I sent the audio file I had, but it was in the wrong format. (I'm so techi-no-logically deficient! :lol: ) After a mad scramble to find a converter software app. and several aborted tries at this thing I finally got something useable around midnight last night. WHEW! :icon11:

Thanks for your patience TR!

:lol::hug:

and hugs for everyone.

post replies to this thread to let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Rick D.

TR and company added a button at the beginning of the song to play an MP3 of the original artist doing the actual song. It's SO COOL! :icon11::icon13:

Thanks for your patience TR!

:evilgrin::lol:

Thanks,

Rick D.

TR is just the sorcerer's apprentice. The Dude does the hard labor and deserves the credit for all that makes AwesomeDude awesome.

Kisses...

TR :icon11:

TR is just the sorcerer's apprentice. The Dude does the hard labor and deserves the credit for all that makes AwesomeDude awesome.

Kisses...

TR :evilgrin:

Firstly I want to say I am enjoying "Sky's The Limit very much. I laughed out loud when Lori thought that "him's" name was a joke.

I liked the button to let us hear the song. This allowed us to hear the sound as well as read the lyrics that moved the character. I suppose that a literary purist might object to it, but I think it is really no different to inserting a poem or a letter into the prose.

I also believe that this is where the web can encourage innovation in how we explore interactive entertainment, and AwesomeDude is leading the way (naturally).

We might want to be careful about inserting images where these would be better described in words.

But that is another subject. :lol:

TR, I don't mean to "Bug" you or take the "Mickey" out of it, but the sorcerer's apprentice was a mouse not a bunny. :icon11::icon13::icon11:

Congratulations to all concerned.

Rick, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Okay, I HATE to double post, but as innovative as Chapter 9 was with the sound byte thing in the last chapter, I wanted to make a statement about hate crimes in this one. I hope we picked up on it. Anyhow, as usual, let me know what you think about the chapter.

Thanks

Rick D.

• 8 years later...

This has turned up in the Dude's Pick of the Past and I am glad it has. I have really enjoyed reading this, both book 1 and book 2, and would recommend it to anyone. A great story well told.

A number of the links in the text do not now work, which is not surprising as it is nine years old and few web sites manage to stay up more than five. My advice is ignore the links and just read the story, it it is well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...