Harry Potter 7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those who were waiting, there are now officially-sanctioned publicity photos of Daniel Radcliffe on stage for his new 2007 London play, Equus, at this link.

The pictures are rated PG-13, so they're not quite naked, but close to it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

This role is probably the furthest thing from Harry Potter that Radcliffe could get.

And for those who were waiting, there are now officially-sanctioned publicity photos of Daniel Radcliffe on stage for his new 2007 London play, Equus, at this link.

The pictures are rated PG-13, so they're not quite naked, but close to it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

:w00t: OMG Harry has grown up! :icon11:

Now if we can just figure out how to get Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) to take a similar role... :icon11:

This role is probably the furthest thing from Harry Potter that Radcliffe could get.

Has anyone ever heard the term "treasure trail"?? :icon11:

Colin :icon11:

Okay, the publisher made the official announcement today. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be available July 21st.

I can hardly wait! :w00t::icon11::w00t:

Abraxas

Some of the on-line book sites have advanced sales of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for $18.89. That's 46% off. Amazing.

Colin :icon11:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2. I won't take that bet. Dumbledore is not only alive, and I can prove it. Rowling left a huge clue and so far I think I'm the only one who got it. You've all seen it but sometimes the most amazing thing is hidden right under your nose. I'll take a bet from anyone who wishes to do so.
2. I do not disagree with Rowling's assertation. However, I am still going to be proven correct -- and not on some lame-ass technicality, either. I am sorry but I am not at liberty to answer the "dead question" as I am engaged in at least one wager on this topic and I'll not hamstring my changes of getting more suckers. I mean takers for my offer. I could drop a hint, but I won't. After the fact, I will be VERY smug indeed. Or red-faced. My money's on smug.
The day BEFORE the book comes out, I will post my theory.

The day before has arrived....

I had an idea but I couldn't be bother going through the books to check it. Was the spell that Snape cast the death spell, or only one that sounded like it? I would have to find the exact incantation from the earlier novel to confirm, and I couldn't be bothered. I'm happy to just wait to read the 7th book in a few months time.

My other idea is that even if Dumbledore is dead, that doesn't mean a lot. After all, most (if not all) of the previous headmasters are dead, and Dumbledore got to consult with them regularly via their portraits. Dumbledore can still participate in the last novel by telling Harry what he knows through an appropriate portrait.

Well?
  • We will hear from Dumbledore in some form
  • Hagrid will die. He's the big death, I suspect.
  • Ron and Hermione will be a couple
  • Neville is probably the final horcrux even though every seems to think it's Harry himself. I disagree as you can be your own horcrux -- that would be contrived and I don't think Rowling would do it.
  • Hermione will not die because I believe this is Rowling's representation of herself in the book
  • I believe at least one member of the Weasley clan will die.
  • I believe we will get a huge moment out of Draco Malfoy. I do believe Ms. Rowling believes in the fact almost anyone can redeem oneself, and I think Malfoy, git that he is, will surprise us in the end.
  • Rowling doesn't lightly pick her book titles, so the Deathly Hallows is itself a clue. A "Hallow" is something that has been made holy, sanctified, and/or consecrated. This will tie back to his parents death somehow. It may also refer to Gordrics Hollow where it all started, so to speak. (For instance, Rowling herself assists with translating the titles and the Swedish title is Relics of Death.) Again, this indicates that there is a specific set of items/relics/etc.
  • Harry must kill Voldemort. Dumbledore clearly says so. Harry says ?I?ve got to try and kill him, or - ? and he replies ?Got to? Of course you?ve got to!"

:w00t: OMG Harry has grown up! :icon_tongue:

Now if we can just figure out how to get Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) to take a similar role... :blush:

OMG, yes, please! Rupert Grint is soooo sexy! And he has ginger hair! And he loves to laugh and joke around. Did you see where one of the things he did with (a tiny) part of his earnings from the movies is to buy an ice cream truck, the kind that's driven around residential neighborhoods selling ice cream bars and stuff? My kinda guy!

RupertGrint.gif

Check out these two links:

This is a great Rupert Grint mashup site on YouTube with great music:

When I saw him as Ron Weasley in the first Harry Potter movie I thought that he was like totally absolutely mondo sexy! Beautiful, in fact!

:wub:

Colin :confused:

Huh, now that he's older, he looks more like someone else, rather than how he first looked as a kid.

My opinions on HP are based on the first book and the movies. I know that's not enough. You need to go to the source.

Some ideas, though:

Harry's the unlikely, nerdy hero, the boy who's mostly good and sticks to his friends and values. He might die to save his friends or save the world.

Ron's been the faithful but slightly goofy friend, looked down upon by some others for being poor or strange in family. He's shown he'd be willing to do what's needed, if he can overcome his fears. He's loyal and a good-hearted guy.

Hermione's headstrong and smart and out to prove herself, but she wants what's right.

Neville Longbottom - He went from being the scared, unlikely, chubby kid, to being more self-assured and capable, and a good friend. Like Ron or even Harry, he's the unlikely hero who wasn't thought capable before. - Horcrux? Maybe. Hero? Could be.

Draco Malfoy - I don't like his personality at all. I do think he's good looking, which is a nice, subtle comment by the casting folks. Will he redeem himself? I think WBMS is right, that Rowling would consider anyone as possibly capable, as one of the lessons of the books. But will Draco redeem himself or stay a villain? Dunno. It'd surprise me, if he did, after all this time of being an arse.

Dumbledore - He's brilliant, the char. He'd find a way, talking through portraits or the like. (I liked the first actor; don't care for the new guy.)

Snape - There are hints in the movies that he's more fair or admiring than he appears. Fans (esp. Snape fans) seem to think he'll redeem himself.

Voldemort - "Aww, I was just winding you up, Harry! Happy Christmas in July!" -- Seriously, I don't know but suspect he'll be dispatched.

On the other hand, here's a theory: What if the lesson is that Voldemort is vanquished, but there are still other people and things, even in the magical world, that are to be fought, in order for good to win?

Sorry, WBMS, but I'm not satisfied with your post.

The original statement was that you could prove that Dumbledore was still alive. Your post simply says that we'll hear from Dumbledore in some form. As I said in my post, just because he's dead, that doesn't mean he can't communicate via a portrait. Harry could also gain information from visiting one of Dumbledore's memories that had been removed and stored before his death.

What is your proof that Dumbledore is still alive?

Slow Owl! - HP7 didn't arrive at my doorstep today, but Amazon says it arrived in town yesterday at 6:00 am.

I sure hope someone else isn't reading my copy. Get your own copy, you.

Should I interrogate the raccoons? Not that I've seen any at this house. Squirrels, yes. Doves, yes (really sweet, too). Birds, cats, dogs, yes. Raccoons, not so far....

I went to a midnight release - stood in line for about two hours, got my copy around 12:08. I finished it last night. Sadly...(spoiler - highlight below to read)...

Ron and Neville never hooked up.

Came at 730pm last night. Read 250 pages, went to bed. Started on the rest a little after 2 this afternoon and just finished.

You will see the validity (or not) of my predictions.

I will not post spoilers now so as not to ruin it for anyone here, and have indeed stayed offline from arrival time until completion time to avoid same.

Came at 730pm last night. Read 250 pages, went to bed. Started on the rest a little after 2 this afternoon and just finished. You will see the validity (or not) of my predictions.

I just finished it about ten minutes ago (I would've been finished yesterday, but I got dragged into work for 10 hours on Saturday to work on a new film), and I'm still exhilarated.

I think I'm two for three on my biggest predictions. I was very impressed with how skillfully Rowling referred back to all the clues in the past six books, and how many familiar faces popped up here and there. My biggest surprises included the revelations about Dumbledore's past -- I didn't expect anything like that.

My only critiques (and they're very minor) are that there's a few too many coincidences in the book -- like people showing up at just the right moment for some unexpected rescues -- plus a few weird contrivances, like a certain key character storming out of the story for several chapters for vague reasons. I also was a tiny bit put off by how Rowling dragged the story out for an entire year, almost exactly from June to the following May. But all in all, it was an enthralling, well-told epic.

My lips are sealed as to the plot secrets and surprises. I'd give it 9 out of 10, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure how it could be much better.

(And holy god, the mother-of-all-battle-scenes is going to cost $10 million alone to shoot. It almost makes Lord of the Rings look like Mary Poppins by comparison.)