Windows Vista?

Trab

Sorry guys. Maybe it's my eye for detail, or maybe it's just not funny and I'm weird. :lipssealed:

The advert for Windows compatibility is a picture of a webscreen using Apple's Safari web browser. Talk about how to convince the customer.

What is Windows Vista?

It is...but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

Vista is yet another disposable operating system from Microsnot- the most expensive one yet. You use it for six years, learn it, use its strengths, fight its weaknesses, put all of your data in it, and know from day one that someday you will flush it.

I think you're being too hard on Vista, James.

All operating systems are temporary, in the grand scheme of things. In this case, I think Vista is a step forward: it looks better, it's very stable, and it resists viruses and other flaws a lot better than any previous version of Windows.

I think there are some bad things about Vista, like the awful Digital Rights Management issues, plus the "Genuine Advantage" b.s. But in general, it's a pretty solid OS.

Let's see how it compares to Mac OSX 10.5 (aka Leopard) in a few months. I intend to use both, myself, though I would argue that OSX works better for what I do with computers.

The advert for Windows compatibility is a picture of a webscreen using Apple's Safari web browser. Talk about how to convince the customer.

Yep, now it all becomes clear, and very funny, too!

Here are some people having fun on Bill's final resting place: post revolution, and Microsoft's demise...

:lipssealed:

We're still allowed to dream...

• 3 weeks later...
I think you're being too hard on Vista, James.

All operating systems are temporary, in the grand scheme of things. In this case, I think Vista is a step forward: it looks better, it's very stable, and it resists viruses and other flaws a lot better than any previous version of Windows.

I think there are some bad things about Vista, like the awful Digital Rights Management issues, plus the "Genuine Advantage" b.s. But in general, it's a pretty solid OS.

Let's see how it compares to Mac OSX 10.5 (aka Leopard) in a few months. I intend to use both, myself, though I would argue that OSX works better for what I do with computers.

I do find however that osx works better for me for what I do too. With windows, there is supposed to be a new os in a few a years, if it isn't drmed to death I might buy that one.