Untitled Reader Surprise

I think the point is that WBMS is trying to get a commercial publisher to publish a story, and I don't think it will work if he insists on talking to them with only a pseudonym. I can't imagine using one's real name with net publishing. There should be some financial reward for risking your real name.

I think the point is that WBMS is trying to get a commercial publisher to publish a story, and I don't think it will work if he insists on talking to them with only a pseudonym. I can't imagine using one's real name with net publishing. There should be some financial reward for risking your real name.

Poor assumption. They were all contacted using a real name and address following all guidelines posted on their respective websites (TOR, DAW, and Baen).

• 2 weeks later...

This was sent out to my reader's mailing list today (if you aren't on it, send me your e-mail and a request to add you).

Dear Reader:

In May I posted "Untitled Reader Surprise" of which I said "I have created a very special work which I am confident will captivate you. It's been something you have all been clamouring for over the past few years via e-mail, posts, comments, and so forth." -- The response was astounding. I received more e-mail on that one chapter than I did for all my other works added together; they were all positive except for two. I had promised those who wrote that I would try and write more.

I am keeping that promise. "Untitled Reader Surprise" will vanish at any moment, but fear not the Untitled surprise now has a title. As promised, on 1 July 2007, "Not Entirely Alone With Myself" will premiere. You will get the brief Introduction, Chapter One (entirely redone ), and the all-new Chapter Two. Approximately every month thereafter you will be able to read a new chapter. I know that's not as often as you'd all like, but this is the only way I have any hope of keeping up the regular posting schedule.

This story will appear ONLY on AWESOMEDUDE.COM* . So, be sure and check it out next weekend when it's posted. I want to thank the two masochists who volunteered to be my proofer and editor -- they insist I not reveal their respective names. Without them, I'd still be on chapter one.

As you take this journey, you will meet old friends, make new friends, laugh, cry, and visit both new and familiar places. Oh, and this is not a sequel, dammit :)

REMEMBER, the only motivation and thanks any on-line author gets is YOUR feedback. If you read a story and enjoy it, please let the author know.

--- WriteByMyself

See my web page at http://writebymyself.tripod.com/

* It may later appear at Dabeagle.com but he hasn't answered my emails. CodeysWorld may link to the story as well.

Sincere congrats on the new story. (I promise, I won't call it a sequel!)

You know, to me, subsequent novels for James Bond, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and other literary creations aren't necessarily sequels, either. It's more like one long continuous story.

Call it "another colorful part of the resplendent tapestry as it unfolds." :confused:

You know, to me, subsequent novels for James Bond, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and other literary creations aren't necessarily sequels, either. It's more like one long continuous story.

Exactly. Or take Agatha Christie's "Miss Marple" or "Poirot" novels. Related but not sequels.

All those nay-sayers out there: see? someone else understands this simple concept besides me.

BTWT <-- guess. I dare you.

• 1 month later...

Well, nothing ruins sex more than saying the wrong name. Alex confused me. I thought he knew that Delos has feelings for him, but he was still puzzled as to why Delos got upset after their day in the park.

After this chapter, though, I got the impression that Nicky wouldn't make an appearance in this story, that this would be about Alex and Delos. But a line ("Now why on earth would you come to that conclusion, Alex?") from Chapter One wouldn't allow me to continue thinking that way. Plus, Wibby's mentioned going to UK recently.

I couldn't help but feel pity for Delos. That's got to hurt.

P.S. This is a copy of my email to the Raccoon. I was just too lazy to make an original post.:w00t:

Edit: OOPS! Wrong thread.

Alex confused me. I thought he knew that Delos has feelings for him, but he was still puzzled as to why Delos got upset after their day in the park.

Alex is intelligent. He knows something is wrong. But he's always been a bit clueless when it comes to exactly what is wrong. He just doesn't get it, and that's who he is. That is the part of himself he must overcome because he doesn't quite get it with other people nor with himself.