D'Artagnon

It seems D'Artagon's hiatus has come to a end.

My curiosity and search for new stories prompts this question: who is the author and does he write in a particular genre? Except for the brilliant Mike Arrum and the mysterious Jack Rowan, I don't go to IOMFATS very often.

Jack :icon10:

My curiosity and search for new stories prompts this question: who is the author and does he write in a particular genre? Except for the brilliant Mike Arrum and the mysterious Jack Rowan, I don't go to IOMFATS very often.

Which promps the reply: go and dip your toes :icon10: IOMFATS has some very good authors.

D'Artagnon writes fantasy. It's very good - if you like fantasy - though I'd start with 'Coupe'. Jack Rowan is amazing, though I'm not sure I'd be terribly happy entering his world, and I'm actually quite glad I don't know Tol. Mike Arram is excellent!

Which promps the reply: go and dip your toes :icon_geek:

D'Artagnon writes fantasy. It's very good - if you like fantasy - though I'd start with 'Coupe'.

Thanks, Camy, for the suggestion. I have just started Chapter 8 and find the fantasy amusing and exciting. That I'm reading about the lives of guys in their early teens is really beside the point. (I should point out that my tastes are drawn to adult themes).

One question: Coupe is written in a very breezy first person style...with amusing sidebar editorial comments from the character to the reader. Is this his style in all the stories?

Jack :icon13:

One question: Coupe is written in a very breezy first person style...with amusing sidebar editorial comments from the character to the reader. Is this his style in all the stories?

Pretty much, though other than 'Coupe' I've only read 'Educating Max', and I don't think I got to the end of it. 'twas a while back.

At the time, I didn't start 'Riposte' (sequel to Coupe), as he'd virtually stopped writing it.

Camy

• 1 year later...