EVERYBODY'S WOUNDED

This story was originally brought to my attention by fellow author DesDownunder in a private author/editor's forum, saying it is "a very interesting and enjoyable read with some good writing on a different slant on the college scene". The Pecman followed up with the comment, "Absolutely terrific story...".

I enthusiastically concur. Duncan Ryder is the author and this story is his first effort in writing a novella with a gay theme. Outstanding read so far. Six chapters have been posted and I'm told it'll end at around Chapter 10.

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/college/everybodys-wounded/.

Enjoy,

Jack :icon10:

This story was originally brought to my attention by fellow author DesDownunder in a private author/editor's forum, saying it is "a very interesting and enjoyable read with some good writing on a different slant on the college scene". The Pecman followed up with the comment, "Absolutely terrific story...".

I enthusiastically concur. Duncan Ryder is the author and this story is his first effort in writing a novella with a gay theme. Outstanding read so far. Six chapters have been posted and I'm told it'll end at around Chapter 10.

Enjoy,

Jack :icon10:

Jack (and Des),

Thanks for the link. This is a great story. I read your post this evening and read all 6 chapters that have been posted. Thank God that tomorrow's (uh, actually, now, today's) Friday and I don't have my Linear Algebra and Differential Equations classes. It's 1:33 a.m. and time for bed. Actually, it was time for bed about 2-1/2 hours ago. :lol:

Colin :lol:

Jack (and Des),

Thanks for the link. This is a great story. I read your post this evening and read all 6 chapters that have been posted. Thank God that tomorrow's (uh, actually, now, today's) Friday and I don't have my Linear Algebra and Differential Equations classes. It's 1:33 a.m. and time for bed. Actually, it was time for bed about 2-1/2 hours ago. :lol:

Colin :icon10:

I am glad Duncan's story has been so well received.

But Colin what is this nonsense about being in bed at 11pm? I thought you were a young person. :lol::lol:

Des, he never said he was going to sleep at 11 p.m.

Trab that is even worse. You mean he kept his b/f laying in bed waiting for him for 2 and 1/2hours whilst he read (admittedly, a good) story on the computer?

:icon11::icon5::icon6:

Good one Cole. :icon_geek:

I don't think they live together, Des, but if they are, why would you think his B/F would remain sedately on the bed, waiting, when he could be keeping Colin 'on alert' while he's reading?

But Colin what is this nonsense about being in bed at 11pm? I thought you were a young person. :sneaky::lol:
Des, he never said he was going to sleep at 11 p.m.

Trab! And you're the one who doesn't read between the lines or extrapolate!

But I love it!

Cole

Trab that is even worse. You mean he kept his b/f laying in bed waiting for him for 2 and 1/2hours whilst he read (admittedly, a good) story on the computer?

:icon11::icon5::icon6:

Good one Cole. :icon6:

I don't think they live together, Des, but if they are, why would you think his B/F would remain sedately on the bed, waiting, when he could be keeping Colin 'on alert' while he's reading?

Do you realize how bizarre it is for me to be sitting here reading a discussion about my love life or lack thereof on this forum? :icon_geek::lol:

I love it! :icon6:

To answer your question: no, Doug and I don't live together. We're only 17, guys! But starting in August we will be living together: we're going to be roommates in a dorm at the University of California at Berkeley. Study? I don' need no stinkin' "study"!! :lol::hug::wav::shock::icon11::sneaky::icon11::icon5::icon5::omg::icon5::w00t:

Colin :icon11:

That sounds absolutely wonderful Colin. I'm sure you and Doug will be very happy together. Just remember to focus your attention where it matters most. (I won't even suggest to know your priorities) {[snicker]}

That sounds absolutely wonderful Colin. I'm sure you and Doug will be very happy together. Just remember to focus your attention where it matters most. (I won't even suggest to know your priorities) {[snicker]}

{[snicker]} accepted! :icon11:

Colin :icon_geek:

• 2 weeks later...

I too like this story. No perfect people- the characters are actually human.

Thank God that tomorrow's (uh, actually, now, today's) Friday and I don't have my Linear Algebra and Differential Equations classes. It's 1:33 a.m. and time for bed. Actually, it was time for bed about 2-1/2 hours ago. :lol:

Linear & D.E.? :w00t: You are too young for all that- it'll stunt your growth.

Join a frat and wear a toga for a semester or two and wait until you are twenty before you jump off in that. :lol:

Jack (and Des),

Thanks for the link. This is a great story. I read your post this evening and read all 6 chapters that have been posted. Thank God that tomorrow's (uh, actually, now, today's) Friday and I don't have my Linear Algebra and Differential Equations classes. It's 1:33 a.m. and time for bed. Actually, it was time for bed about 2-1/2 hours ago. :w00t:

Colin :w00t:

I too like this story. No perfect people- the characters are actually human.

Linear & D.E.? :lol: You are too young for all that- it'll stunt your growth.

Join a frat and wear a toga for a semester or two and wait until you are twenty before you jump off in that. :lol:

OMG, OMG! Is that what's causing my shrink... uh... stuntage? OMG! I never knew! Two math classes too many, two inches gone, way too many! I gotta stop this math thing before I'm infantized!! OMG!

Colin :lol:

• 2 months later...
For those interested, Duncan has just posted Chapter 13.

It has certainly become a more complex story than the author originally intended. Superb writing and becoming "Best of Nifty" material.

Jack :icon_geek:

Potential spoiler here, don't read if you haven't read at least through chapter 10.

Chapters 9 through 13 are amazing, especially 10 and 13.

There is one scene in chapter 10 that I can't get out of my mind, where Scott is in Luc's condo and Luc has his arms around Scott's waist. Scott is looking out the window, down at someone walking on the beach in the distance, and that someone is Josh. In context it's such a poignant scene! It's preceded by one of the worst cliffhangers ever, at the end of chapter 9.

Duncan's story and his writing have been getting better and better as new chapters have been published. Everybody's Wounded has turned a very complicated plot!

Colin :bunny:

FYI Happy to announce Everybody's Wounded by Duncan Ryder will begin serialization at AwesomeDude on October 13. We're getting re-edited chapters so this will be another value-added posting.

Um. Hello. I'm not sure it's correct for me to post in here... but I just wanted to say how glad I am that people are enjoying the story, and that it is going to be serialized on awesomedude. I'm especially grateful to AJ who invited me to consider it.

For those of you who have been following EW on Nifty, I am editing the version that goes up here just for this site... especially some things that were annoying me in the first five chapters. Some of the changes may be subtle, but I think they make the story and characterization stronger. Once awesomedude catches up with where I am, I will then send it here first, so you'll have an exclusive read for a few days.

Some of you have emailed me, and I'm grateful for your support and generosity and encouragement. I'm a writer who stopped writing fiction for a few years... it feels right to be doing it again.

Duncan

Hey, Duncan!

Glad to see that you've made it all the way across the Pacific from Canada to the Island of Borneo and AD! Welcome! I'm very happy that you're here, and that you'll be posting EW on AD, and I hope your future stories as well.

Colin :bunny: