Damned Crazy-Ass Emus

I have to disagree... to a degree. When applied to dressage events... yes canter is done by a horse, but it is NOT strictly an equestrian term. However if you were to say... 'Slow Gait' or 'Rack' while difficult for a horse, would indeed be impossible for an Emu... even one of Camy's talents.

BTW I never actually rode in a five-gated event... but attended a lot of them. Skipped my HS graduation ceremony to emcee such an event. :icon_geek:

I canter get head around any of this.

I have definitely seen ballet dancers do a wonderful impersonation of a horse cantering -on two legs.

But perhaps they were just horsin' around. Or maybe they were imitating horstriches?

Many farmers can testify to the fact that most animals will bolt out of the farmyard if the gait is left open.

I had some friends whose dog would always bury its head under the pillows, so they called him Emutt.

emu, emo, eme, ema, emi....Oh my!

I'm not helping am I?

:icon_geek:

Des:

You display such a great supply of wit, I think you should be bottling it instead of giving it away free.

Set up the equivalent of a lemonade stand. Witticisms for sale: Buy two, we'll throw in another, whether you want it or not.

You could make a fortune.

C

Thanks for the idea Cole, but I can't do that; Lucy is using the lemonade stand as a psychiatric booth at the moment.

:icon_geek:

(1) Big or small, as long as it works. If it takes a while, it could be fun getting there. So, where's the problem? Haha!

(1.1.) If it goes off too soon, well, priming it could be fun too. Again, no problem.

Perhaps I've solved most male insecurities with good humo(u)r?

Lucy is using the lemonade stand as a psychiatric booth at the moment.

That'll be five cents, please!

(*) I'd prefer Snoopy's advice. -- And both Charlie Brown and Linus are *hot!* (I don't see Linus' oral issues as a problem....)

...My secret, inner campy self must be working overtime...

The Emu can't be playing golf. He's busy writing me a story. Fie on you, Raccoon!

C

I remember a story a few years ago about an Ostrich (a close cousin of an Emu) that escaped from a ranch in Danville, CA and wandered onto a golf course, where it proceeded to pick up golf balls wherever it found them and deposit them in a sand trap. There were pictures on the TV news showing this happening. A neat-freak Ostrich! Hilarious.

Now, what about our Emu friend in Elma, Washington? Is Camy on a vacation we don't know about? If so, how did he get to the Seattle area? Fly? No, no, I don't me that HE flew himself. I mean he's have to have gotten on an airline flight to Seattle. And if so, what does THAT say about the airport security, or lack thereof, in Seattle?? Or in the UK, for that matter? Or, is this one of Camy's miscreant relatives we've heard of in the past?

Curious readers want to know!

Colin :blush:

Now, what about our Emu friend in Elma, Washington? Is Camy on a vacation we don't know about? If so, how did he get to the Seattle area? Fly? No, no, I don't me that HE flew himself. I mean he's have to have gotten on an airline flight to Seattle. And if so, what does THAT say about the airport security, or lack thereof, in Seattle?? Or in the UK, for that matter? Or, is this one of Camy's miscreant relatives we've heard of in the past?

Curious readers want to know!

Colin :blush:

Quite right Colin, not to mention animal quarantines would have meant that Camy would have had to have landed in Seatlle whilst he was in fact still in the UK. The evidence points quite clearly to the *Golfing Emu* not being our Camy. Whether Camy wishes to associate himself with an emu who is interested in golf balls is of course something only Camy can reveal.

:blush:

*Sigh*

If you must know it's my cousin Emmy.

Emmy's not the brightest of birds, and get easily confused - a family trait. However, as she comes with a stupendously large dowry, and is very lithe, cute, and emuesque - she is seen as a catch. I've had to play bodyguard many times, as she has a lot of ardent suitors cantering around after her. :blush:

I managed to grab a photo out of the family album. I think you'll agree she's a pretty special bird!

cousin_emy.jpg

Here's one of Aunty Fethflufkin, and Emmy when she was just a wee slip of a thing. Cousins Japheth, Heypheth, and twonk are still egg-bound.

emy_baby.jpg

I heard a rumour that Great Uncle Gazebo plays golf. I can't judge the veracity, but we all know his penchant for balls.

Camy :blush:

Wow, Camy, way too much free time on your hands. You actually went out and searched for pictures. This is probably the funniest thread I've ever read. So for the first time ever, I am handing you a Crazy-Ass Emu award. Not to be confused with a grammy or oscar, the Crazy-Ass Emu award is a step above. Seriously, you should be quite flattered and even go as far as writing a speech to accept such an award. And don't forget to tell your relatives and co-workers about said award. And because its you, I'll throw in twenty-thousand pounds of my own money to go along with the bronze statue.

Jason R.

PS: How much exactly is twenty-thousand pounds in American dollars? Should I start selling my body now to make up the difference?

Wow, Camy, way too much free time on your hands. You actually went out and searched for pictures. This is probably the funniest thread I've ever read. So for the first time ever, I am handing you a Crazy-Ass Emu award. Not to be confused with a grammy or oscar, the Crazy-Ass Emu award is a step above. Seriously, you should be quite flattered and even go as far as writing a speech to accept such an award. And don't forget to tell your relatives and co-workers about said award. And because its you, I'll throw in twenty-thousand pounds of my own money to go along with the bronze statue.

Jason R.

PS: How much exactly is twenty-thousand pounds in American dollars? Should I start selling my body now to make up the difference?

An award! Gosh! How kind!

:blush:

?20,000 = $40,000 approx. Speaking as a friend, I think you might want to re-think the cash award.... unless you have a very wealthy 'client', or a penchant for a sore bottom. Ha ... hahahahahahaha!!! :blush:

:wink:

Okay, lets see. One hundred dollars a pop, carry the one, times the four.

Damn, I'm no good at math.

Seeing as your an Emu, I'll take a one dollar bill and photo copy it 40,000 times. And since your English, you'll never know the difference.

Jason R.

PS: If you can give me your address, I'll send it right out to you along with the bronze statue. Of course you might have a shipping fee to pay, just take it out of your winnings.

The Crazy-Ass Emu Award! Wow, sweet!

I find myself strangely... no, no, it'd never work out. Those eyes, though.... Alas, 'tis a shame she's so... flighty.

-- Shouldn't that other one be a Graemey-Crackery Crockery Award?

(Sorry, Graeme, I couldn't resist. I shall endeavour not to associate your name with crackers again.)

Biscuits, though....

Oh, alright, behaving, if I must.