Not Entirely Alone With Myself

FYI -- back to NEAWMS. As I said to one of my editors tonight:

Gavin didn't even originally have a name. He was called "good samaritan teen" right up until I sent in the chapter to edit. Delos was originally scheduled to kiss and make up with Alex and go with him to find Nicky. That is not looking viable now, is it? (Okay, I know the answer to this).

Coming soon: a new chapter :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI -- back to NEAWMS. As I said to one of my editors tonight:

Gavin didn't even originally have a name. He was called "good samaritan teen" right up until I sent in the chapter to edit. Delos was originally scheduled to kiss and make up with Alex and go with him to find Nicky. That is not looking viable now, is it? (Okay, I know the answer to this).

Coming soon: a new chapter :)

So if the characters decide what to do and the story writes itself why does it take so long for new chapters to come out :lol:

So if the characters decide what to do and the story writes itself why does it take so long for new chapters to come out

They're teens. They take a long time to tell me what they've decided. And then I have to get it on paper (screen). Then my editors send it back and I have to do it again.

It's very hard for me to write. It's even harder to write well. I just don't want to post shite.

If I post one per month, you will always have a chapter on schedule within a few days. If I post more often, I might get behind, and like AWMS you'll wait months between chapters. A schedule is better.

They're teens. They take a long time to tell me what they've decided. And then I have to get it on paper (screen). Then my editors send it back and I have to do it again.

It's very hard for me to write. It's even harder to write well. I just don't want to post shite.

If I post one per month, you will always have a chapter on schedule within a few days. If I post more often, I might get behind, and like AWMS you'll wait months between chapters. A schedule is better.

Those damn teens, you ask them to take out the trash or clean their room and they take a week. Mention getting a car and they're ready in 10 seconds.

I wouldn't worry, nothing I've read to-date has been shite so I guess you're doing something close to right :lol:

Here's a thought. Have all the sex scenes in 3 point type. Almost no-one will be able to read it without a magnifying glass. :lol:

Nice chapter, laughed my ass off at the last sentance. There are going to be alot of red faces in that room in a few seconds. :lol:

Do you mean a few weeks? :lol:

I am done through chapter 19 (less whatever my editors manage to wreak)

I had planned this (as posted earlier) as 18 to 20 chapters. Ain't gonna happen. I am thinking right now it'll be 21 and a few loose ends won't get tied up (on purpose). Maybe 22. If I tie up loose ends it'll go to 23 but I like a few loose ends so 21 or 22 is likely my final count.

Also, my loyal reader(s)* will get a special bonus when it's all over. This will be announced in a forthcoming email.

December's chapter as you know was posted early (Thanksgiving). I will also have January's chapter posted for Christmas and there will be a bonus for everyone at that time. I promised one and am aiming to deliver my little holiday gift to my readers.

* Defined as those who have written me at least once about NEAWMS.

Also, my loyal reader(s)* will get a special bonus when it's all over. This will be announced in a forthcoming email.

It'll be personally delivered to your door by the 'coon himself?? I'll be sure to have a full trashcan handy for payment. :wink:

I am done through chapter 19 (less whatever my editors manage to wreak)

I had planned this (as posted earlier) as 20 chapters. Ain't gonna happen. I am thinking right now it'll be 22 and a few loose ends won't get tied up (on purpose). Maybe 23. If I tie up loose ends it'll go to 24 but I like a few loose ends.

December's chapter as you know was posted early (Thanksgiving). I will also have January's chapter posted for Christmas and there will be a bonus for everyone at that time. I promised one and am aiming to deliver my little holiday gift to my readers.

Hmmm...

[one chapter/month] * ([23 total chapters] - [7 published chapters]) = 16 months

16 months beginning January, 2008 means we'll see chapter 23 in April, 2009.

Good grief, WBMS! You have devised the penultimate cliffhanger! :wink::lol::lol: (And I DO mean penultimate!)

Colin :wink:

Hmmm...

[one chapter/month] * ([23 total chapters] - [7 published chapters]) = 16 months

Good grief, WBMS! You have devised the penultimate cliffhanger! :mad::icon11::stare: (And I DO mean penultimate!)

Colin :mad:

Am I allowed to say that I never had any doubt of Wibb'ys pen is, definitely being ultimate? :hehe:

:mad: (Saved you the trouble Dude. :icon1: )

Hmmm...

Good grief, WBMS! You have devised the penultimate cliffhanger! (And I DO mean penultimate!)

It's entirely possible the posting rate might change after I finish. But they'll be password protected so nobody of Irish Descent who lives in California can access them.

It's entirely possible the posting rate might change after I finish. But they'll be password protected so nobody of Irish Descent who lives in California can access them.

You know, we Irish are very sensitive, having suffered unwarranted and scandalous discrimination in the past. We take great offense whenever someone discriminates against us. You, good sir, should be sympathetic as a member of a class, raccoon, that is reviled and assailed by many, both human and animal. We are saddened and disappointed that such an umbrage should occur on this forum and in plain view of its august membership. :mad: I believe that an apology is in order, good sir! :icon11:

Colin :icon1:

The final count is 22. It's not done the editing process, but it is finished.

Expect further details in an email by 22 December. There will be several announcements and notations :) Emails are sent to regular readers who have e-mailed me at least once, or by written request.

Man, I have got to say this ending will rock your world. It's GOOD.

The final count is 22. It's not done the editing process, but it is finished.

Expect further details in an email by 22 December. There will be several announcements and notations :) Emails are sent to regular readers who have e-mailed me at least once, or by written request.

Man, I have got to say this ending will rock your world. It's GOOD.

I cannot wait my furry little friend, sadly I will have to though :icon1: