Not Entirely Alone With Myself

I'm beginning to wonder if Nicky will ever surface, but I'll have to wait like everyone else for that answer. Book 3 perhaps?

Book 3? That implies there is a book two. I can assure you, I don't do sequels.

But it's possible there is another story to be told with one or more of the characters. Or maybe not.

Perhaps they all die in a flaming train wreck in the appendix of the novel.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow. I guess this chapter (21) got everyone's attention. I've received more email in the past 24 hours about this chapter than the entire novel as a whole.

Although I was repeatedly berated for the cliffhanger (my readers WERE warned via email they might want to wait until 22 is posted), every single one was laudatory. Not one flame, though I am sure it's only a matter of time.

Several people commented on how short this chapter was. This amuses me because it's NOT a short chapter. Of the 22, it's right in the middle of the pack. 8 was the longest and 15 the shortest. I suspect the flow of the chapter made it seem short. 22 is one of the longer chapters out of necessity.

Those of you on my mailing list already know it will be posted in a fortnight. There will be a special mailing on 18 June to all of you. WATCH FOR THIS E-MAIL AND READ IT. I will say no more.

And I really do want to thank Dude for support me and my stories here at AwesomeDude.com -- and I want to thank all of you who have written me (praise and criticism both) since I started. I'm actually feeling kind of humbled right now -- but don't worry it'll wear off shortly :D

I'm used to cliffhangers myself. I read a few that tend to use them from time to time. In fact, a member here, CJ, is the current reigning King of Evil Cliffhangers at GA, as voted by the readers.

I think the reason that it seemed short to me, as a editor, I've slowed my reading down a bit to better catch things. The story flowed along so well, it seemed short.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
Not to give anything away, but any guesses who was on the other side of the door in the last scene of the last chapter? :icon9:

As I wrote to our esteemed

cliffhangermaster,

Sir Tanuki Raccoon, in my not-so-humble opinion it is

Gavin

Colin :icon10:

One reader so far has figured it out properly*. I know this because said reader wrote back noting my irrefutable clue. (There are two big clues, but any one will solve the puzzle).

I know some of you are a bit mystified as to who's there but I can assure you with 100% confidence the answer is there. In fact, it's pretty obvious -- looks you right in the face if you're paying attention. The big clue is irrefutable. It clearly narrows it down to one person an one person only.

I am pleased.

*A number of readers have guessed using logic, and though they've give me the right answer, their logic is faulty. Nothing wrong with this method, but someone got the wrong answer this way.

A second reader has gotten the answer using clues provided.

However, under advice of my solicitor I will not confirm nor deny anything.

You may contact said solicitor Atilla T. Hunn directly on 800-RAM-PAGE between the hours of 0540 and 0543 on Leap Days.

You forgot to give me that part of information.

BTW, I'll trade you information and forget about the penalty part.