• 12-13
    • 13-14
    • 14-15
    • 16-17
    • 18-19
    • 20-21
    • 22 and over
    • Define what constitues losing it

I checked "Under 12" because I was 11 (a couple of months away from turning 12) and in the 7th grade when I had my first mutual exchange of fluids experience with another boy. I consider what we did to be losing my virginity. The first gay story I wrote (and posted on Nifty) was about that experience, D.C. It's up on The Hub at http://featured.hub-writing.org/colinian/short/dc.php.

I've never had sexual intercourse, and probably won't since Doug and I aren't interested in doing that.

:wav:

I've posted a few things at Codey's World which I've not submitted here. For me it's partly due to wanting to support Codey's World, partly because it's rather 'mild' material and more CW appropriate, and partly because of past problems trying to send files to AD and having them rejected over and over due to some kind of formatting issues; issues which never happened with CW.

At first I struggled with the 'virginity' factor. However, I concluded, for me that I lost my virginity to the person I completely gave myself to emotional as well as physically. In my case it wasn't penetration on either persons part. It was merely, in the beginning, mutual masturbation. In time it did lead to oral.

--Steven Keiths

To me, losing your virginity means having sexual intercourse. Of course, I learned the word and the meaning in the Victorian age. I suppose it could mean something entirely different to others.

This discussion highlights one thing: words mean different things to different people. It's no wonder communication is so difficult. We think we know what the other person is saying, and we think they understand the point we're making, and often neither of us has a clue.

C

What?

I accidently deleted Cole's post.

A thousand apologies...

I carefully copied it from the previous screen and have posted it below.

Again sorry...

Des.

Cole Parker

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Oct 4 2007, 01:48 AM IP: 71.104.18.236 | Post #32 |

Group: Authors

Member No.: 500

Camy strikes again!

What, indeed!

Des, if you can do THAT accidentally, I don't even want to THINK about what else you can do accidentally. :wub:

I was trying to post the following in response to Ben's earlier post on female writer's in this topic, but managed to stuff things up by hitting the wrong button. Senility is a bitch.

Ben wrote"

A good writer can write a good tale. So yes, there are very classy women out there writing about gay men and gay women, just like there are very classy men out there writing.

I believe one of the earliest female writers of more recent times was Mary Renault (1905-1983) back in the 1950s.

Her romantic books about male lovers in Ancient Greece were well sought after and read well into the 70s. "The Last Of the Wine" and "The Mask Of Apollo" are two of my favourites.

Not only did she describe (in non-sexual terms) male love, but caught the atmosphere of the cultural traditions of the time most accurately. Of course it was all fiction but based on historical fact.

Most of us in the 60s thought she must have been a man hiding behind a woman's name so she would not be arrested for writing about male lovers. Her books were banned in a few places but were available over the counter in Australia.

The books are still available.

As for Mary Renault herself. it turns out she was a lesbian and a very courageous woman.

See wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Renault

Anyone wanting a well written romantic novel should be well pleased with both of the above titles amongst her others. She had a profound effect on gay and straight readers. I would say her writing influenced a more tolerant attitude for gay people. It certainly gave people of my age a feeling that we were not abnormal.

In fact her writing was the first instance I felt of pride in my orientation outside of my immediate circle of friends and lovers.

I still remember the exhilaration I felt on reading the opening sequence of "The Last Of the Wine."

Sigh...Wipes tear from his eye.

Des:

Easy to forgive and forget you deleting any pablum I insert here. However, it's impossible to forgive you for writing: I still remember the exhilaration I felt on reading the opening sequence of "The Last Of the Wine." and then not copying down that very sequence so we can all enjoy it! Bad, bad Des!

C

The sequence is a prologue. It would take me a long time to type it out, and then you would want me type out the rest of the book. :hehe:

It must suffice to say that the book opens with a young man rushing through the ancient streets to be with his lover who is dying of the plague. He finds him dead. His lover has drunk wine laced with the poison hemlock. He takes the cup and also drinks from it and as he collapses next to his lover's body, the wine spills over the floor. Dying from the poison, he spends his final moments writing his lover's name with his finger, in the last of the wine...

Mary does it a lot better than I can...

Now excuse me, please I am crying...

:cry:

:hug:

What can I say but, "Thank you?"

C

I have a feeling that I may not have remembered the original accurately, but the sentiment is the same.

I hope you take the time to read some of Mary's books. Romantics will not be disappointed. I feel sure.