Duck Duck Goose

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I could send you all a chapter a day, but then Dude would get mad at me, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Now you understand why I had so many editors. They all wanted one chapter after the next, and that was the only way they could get them!

Well, that's my story at least, and I'm sticking with it.

C

Guys, I could send you all a chapter a day, but then Dude would get mad at me, and I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Now you understand why I had so many editors. They all wanted one chapter after the next, and that was the only way they could get them!

Well, that's my story at least, and I'm sticking with it.

C

Cole we are sticking with your story too, even if it does take till doomsday to post it.

(do you have an opening for an editor? I'm sure Camy and I would only be too willing to do a post editing edit for you.) :wav:

The Heavens forfend that the Awesome One would get mad at you. No one would wish that on you.

:icon1:

(do you have an opening for an editor? I'm sure Camy and I would only be too willing to do a post editing edit for you.) :icon1:

Been there. Done that. When someone wrote to tell me he'd found a mistake, we wrote back and forth, and he ended up re-editing the entire thing, and found numerous small typos. I asked him how he could find these things, like when I wrote heath club instead of health club. No one else had spotted them. He said it was becasue he was blind and had the story read to him by his computer instead of reading it like everyone else did. Heath and health sound much different. He told me I should tease all my other editors that they were being outdone by a blind man. I told him he had an unfair advantage.

But, it's already been post-edited. So that avenue has already been trod.

He did insist on getting several chapters a day. Pleaded, really. That seems to be a constant with all you people. And it makes me very happy.

C

I'm enjoying this tale as well. I think my favorite part is the way he manages the interaction with the protagonist's mother....very deft touch.

I don't know that I would go as far as Wibby - but then, who would go as far as Wibby no matter what the topic? - and say that either Driver or Cole are the best writers on the 'net or even this site, since this site in particular suffers from an embarrassment of riches as regards the talent displayed here, but I always click on it when I see a new chapter out.

cheers!

aj

:bunny:

I found a big mistake with chapter 12: it's much too short.

MORE!!!!!!!

I found that CP's latest chapter of DDG left me very anxious throught the whole thing. It was almost as if you could guess where the story is going, but he likes to take his time getting there and it personally was driving me insane (in a good way). I love how Cole has the ability to delays dialoge responses with Matt's personal analysis of the situation, it shows a character depth that alot of writers tend to omit. It shows that Matt is thinking and not just mindlessly blurting things out. The end of the chapter left alot of things in the air and I think Ch 13 is gonna bring alot of conflicts into the light. Too bad we have to wait another week :icon_geek:

Isn't anticipation supposed to be fun?.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the frsutration, and I hate that when I'm undergoing it.

Peace.

C

I think we are all enjoying the frustration too Cole.

It is just that we want to let you know how much your wonderful story is affecting us.

:icon_geek:

Saturday.

A higher power says Saturday.

I try not to argue with higher powers.

C

For the first time in many years you have given me a reason to look forward to a Saturday, besides all those things the bf wants me to do. :icon_twisted:

Chapter 13 is up. We keep forgetting that Saturday in Borneo is still Friday in N. America. Yessss, for time zones.

I haven't been able to tolerate cereals for some years now, although I can still manage Rice Krispies a bit.

Sounds to me like you need an intestinal bacteria supplement Trab. I had low intolerance of such foods until I took a course of 'good' bacteria.

Now I have oatmeal nearly everyday without a worry.

Please say you don't hate oatmeal Camy. :icon_twisted:

Please say you don't hate oatmeal Camy

Of course I don't hate oatmeal Camy. I don't hate anyone. :icon_twisted:

On a serious note, I CAN eat cereals, but I need to take the proper plant enzyme supplements in order to do it. The same for dairy, so, by the time I've eaten all the supplements, I'm not hungry anymore. :wav:j

Just for your interest, or, for that matter, even if you don't care at all, the intestinal tract issues are a very common component of Aspergers Syndrome and the more severe levels of autism. By careful treatment of the intestinal issues, many of the more severe symptoms of AS can be reduced by significant amounts.

I think this is what is meant by the term 'digression.'

I think when one is speaking of an author's work, something he's slaved over, poured his heart and soul into, stayed up nights like a father holding a crying child in the wee small hours of the morning so it will quet down and he and his overwrought brain can get some needed rest (and all you authors will udnerstand that, I'm sure), toiled and teared over it as life churned about him, to take a discussion of the output of such dedication to his craft to then a disucssion of the working of the lower intestinal track, is the perfect definition of the word 'digression.'

But I did learn something about enzymes. It wasn't all for naught.

Heh heh heh.<g>

C

I think this is what is meant by the term 'digression.'

I think when one is speaking of an author's work, something he's slaved over, poured his heart and soul into, stayed up nights like a father holding a crying child in the wee small hours of the morning so it will quet down and he and his overwrought brain can get some needed rest (and all you authors will udnerstand that, I'm sure), toiled and teared over it as life churned about him, to take a discussion of the output of such dedication to his craft to then a disucssion of the working of the lower intestinal track, is the perfect definition of the word 'digression.'

But I did learn something about enzymes. It wasn't all for naught.

Heh heh heh.<g>

C

I am literally tearing up the floorboards with laughter. That is so funny. :icon_twisted::hehe::icon11: