Duck Duck Goose

His comment to me, while working his way through this story, was that Matt is the biggest drama queen he'd ever met and if he were Kevin, he'd just shoot him and be done with it. I wonder how many readers feel exactly the same. :hehe:

Count me in! :wink:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver:

Colinian was 17 when he helped edit this story. You know how impatient youngsters are. His comment to me, while working his way through this story, was that Matt is the biggest drama queen he'd ever met and if he were Kevin, he'd just shoot him and be done with it.

I wonder how many readers feel exactly the same. :hehe:

C

Ok, read the chapter. Can I get in line to kick the kid in the ass too? :wink:

Oliver:

Colinian was 17 when he helped edit this story. You know how impatient youngsters are. His comment to me, while working his way through this story, was that Matt is the biggest drama queen he'd ever met and if he were Kevin, he'd just shoot him and be done with it.

I wonder how many readers feel exactly the same. :hehe:

C

I never thought of Matt as a drama queen, but then again I am much worse than Matt at such things.

I think Kevin is just as much a drama queen even if he does have a valid reason of a broken wrist.

But for me, Becky is the real drama queen. She just rushes around instigating one good drama after another.

Lets face it, without drama queens, life (and stories) would be so boring. :wink:

I don't think Matt is a drama queen either. He's a nervous nelly, a quaking aspen, a trembling birch, and maybe even a wilting daisy, but NOT a drama queen.

Oliver:

I wonder how many readers feel exactly the same. :lol:

C

Not to make anyone think Cole is subject to crass exaggeration, but here's exactly what I wrote to Cole, extracted from my email to him:

Only one general comment: Matt should learn to stop being such a total freakin? Drama Queen some day Real Soon Now.

Now, did anyone see the word "shoot"? No? I didn't think you would.

Colin :lol:

Who, like all good editors, keeps all of his emails to and from the authors he edits for.

"Only one general comment: Matt should learn to stop being such a total freakin’ Drama Queen some day Real Soon Now."

"Now, did anyone see the word "shoot"? No? I didn't think you would."

All you have to do is look hard.

Hi guys,

I love the banter on this thread. And I love the story I just read - as far as chapter 20 and I lost most of a night's sleep so I could read it at one sitting.

This is my first post in the AD forums so I'm as newbie as they come. But I had to overcome my terminal shyness (!) to post here because Cole's story is just so good. It's great, brilliant, uplifting, life-affirming - and all that stuff.

Okay, here's my confession: I began it and thought 'oh no, not another angst-ridden teenager story, overcoming adversity and finding his true (gay) self through the experience'. How wrong I was. Okay the setting is a lot like the setting of a lot of other gay fiction, but Cole is so good at writing that the characters stopped being cardboard cliches and took on flesh and blood immediately and from then on I was hooked, involved in the story and aching to see Kevin come out of his shell, and all.

I really loved to read this story and while waiting for the next installment (how glad I was to read that chapter 20 isn't to be the last) now I'm off to lose more sleep over more of Cole's work.

Thanks so Much Cole for giving us such a great read.

Bruin

Hi guys,

I love the banter on this thread. And I love the story I just read - as far as chapter 20 and I lost most of a night's sleep so I could read it at one sitting.

This is my first post in the AD forums so I'm as newbie as they come. But I had to overcome my terminal shyness (!) to post here because Cole's story is just so good. It's great, brilliant, uplifting, life-affirming - and all that stuff.

Okay, here's my confession: I began it and thought 'oh no, not another angst-ridden teenager story, overcoming adversity and finding his true (gay) self through the experience'. How wrong I was. Okay the setting is a lot like the setting of a lot of other gay fiction, but Cole is so good at writing that the characters stopped being cardboard cliches and took on flesh and blood immediately and from then on I was hooked, involved in the story and aching to see Kevin come out of his shell, and all.

I really loved to read this story and while waiting for the next installment (how glad I was to read that chapter 20 isn't to be the last) now I'm off to lose more sleep over more of Cole's work.

Thanks so Much Cole for giving us such a great read.

Bruin

Welcome Bruin Fisher,

You are most welcome and despite your shyness your post is much appreciated, especially I should think by Cole who is hoping you post more often.

I do hope your terminal shyness is not serious. :lol: Just joking, you will get used to us after a while.

Glad to see you here.

:lol:

:lol: It's obvious. The only way to stop this 'is he or isn't he a drama queen' question from becoming contentious and possibly very ugly is to publish the next chapter (or two or three) IMMEDIATELY - if not sooner.

That has my vote :lol:

Today is Thursday. Dude puts up Saturday's adventure usually late on Friday. So it'll go up tomorrow, which is damned close to immediately.

I don't remember if Matt comes across as a drama queen in the next chapter, but believe he doesn't. Of course, that won't be sufficient to convince SOME people he isn't a DQ.

Side note: that stands for Dairy Queen in the Eastern part of this fine country. Or it did when I lived there. I think the only beverage Matt quaffs in this tale is Dr Pepper, and I don't remember him eating soft-serve ice cream--called frozen custard when I was a sprout--either, so at least that appelation shouldn't fit.

Glad to see the cuddly 'coon is on my side, where he belongs. Welcome aboard.

C

Today is Thursday. Dude puts up Saturday's adventure usually late on Friday. So it'll go up tomorrow, which is damned close to immediately.

I don't remember if Matt comes across as a drama queen in the next chapter, but believe he doesn't. Of course, that won't be sufficient to convince SOME people he isn't a DQ.

Side note: that stands for Dairy Queen in the Eastern part of this fine country. Or it did when I lived there. I think the only beverage Matt quaffs in this tale is Dr Pepper, and I don't remember him eating soft-serve ice cream--called frozen custard when I was a sprout--either, so at least that appelation shouldn't fit.

Glad to see the cuddly 'coon is on my side, where he belongs. Welcome aboard.

C

Their Peanut Butter Cup and Oreo Blizzards are the work of the Devil. I swear I can turn down any other kind of junk food but those. It doesn't help that there is one located in my mall that is open year-round either.